• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dog turned on rear seat heaters

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
After a 3 hour trip the dog in the back seat was getting unusually restless and tried several time to come up front. When we arrived I found the rear seats were very very hot. The dog had hit the seat heater buttons. To add to this we have a cover on the rear seats which retained the heat. There’s a warning in the manual not to use a cover when seat heaters are engaged.

So I went to the owner manual and found that the 20 amp fuse #48 under the Frunk passenger side trim cover controlled the heater module. I pulled the fuse and the heaters no longer turn on but the buttons still indicate red when activated. Problem solved. Posting in case anyone else runs into this.
Sponsored

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Glad they didn't catch fire, like the post from somebody a couple of months ago (also with a dog in the back)!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This is what you get for letting your dog push buttons... :p

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
That is a good solution. I flip the seats up for my dog and use a large cover that goes all the way to the floor. Hopefully he won't hit those buttons, but I know how to disable them if he does

Mr. T

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning / Lariat 511a / Antimatter Blue
Hey, dogs like warm butts too 😆

Sponsored
OP
OP
flyct

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Glad they didn't catch fire, like the post from somebody a couple of months ago (also with a dog in the back)!
I replied to that thread a few months ago and was directed to the fuse but Ididnt follow through at the time. I totally forgot about it until yesterday. After yesterday’s incident I finally pulled the fuse. We have no need for heated rear seats here in Florida. https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-heated-seat-fire-not-an-ev-fire.18385/page-3

Here is the picture from the other post where a members seat lit up. Scary picture

Ford F-150 Lightning Dog turned on rear seat heaters IMG_1263

OP
OP
flyct

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
After a 3 hour trip the dog in the back seat was getting unusually restless and tried several time to come up front. When we arrived I found the rear seats were very very hot. The dog had hit the seat heater buttons. To add to this we have a cover on the rear seats which retained the heat. There’s a warning in the manual not to use a cover when seat heaters are engaged.

So I went to the owner manual and found that the 20 amp fuse #48 under the Frunk passenger side trim cover controlled the heater module. I pulled the fuse and the heaters no longer turn on but the buttons still indicate red when activated. Problem solved. Posting in case anyone else runs into this.
Proof once again-- Every dog has his day.
Sponsored