• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Someone posted a guy on another forum that has 30 day licenses for $50. Idk how reputable, but he swore by them
I did get a 30 day from them after spending so much on the helm licenses. They work, but you have to give them remote control of your computer for about 3 minutes for them to install it. If you are like me and your laptop only does FDRS and nothing else, probably not a concern. If you are running FDRS on your primary laptop, probably be pretty wary of doing it that way.
Sponsored

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Beer Drinker
FWIW here is my progress and notes along the way.
Used a Mongoose
Started with Sync Ver 21281 Rev 244 and now on Ver 22034 Rev 364
I don't know how to find out the Ford Power Up version, think I'm on 2.3.0 according to Wikipedia
Looks like I'm on 2.5.3

22-04-01 RD 1 of Updates
TRM - Pass
PSCM - Pass
Multi module update PSCM/IPMA, Took about 1.5

22-04-01 RD 2 of Updates
IPC - Pass, Took about 30min
Shut down and let communicate with Mothership

Next Day

22-04-02 RD 3 of Updates
DDM - Pass
PDM - Pass
APIM - Pass, Ver 22028 Rev 358
11:50 - 12:15
Did Not do engine running just left it Key On Engine OFF,
When asked to restart the engine, shut everything down and start the engine.
Took about 5 min before I got the remove USB, Followed the prompts to finish
GWM showed up after

GWM - Pass
Did Key On Engine On for this one
New APIM showed up

Shut down FDRS

APIM - Pass Ver 22034 Rev 364
01:10 - 1:30
Did Key On Engine On for this one

Every time it asked to turn off ignition, I turn it off, open the door if not already open,
and waited for the dash and radio screens to shut down.

Took my time and followed the on screen prompts, took screen shots / notes along the way to document progress.

Shut down FDRS, Let truck sit / shut down for 30min or so - lunchtime

Last edited:

jmm3807

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seasavvyaquarium.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
What sync version/revision are you on?

What does the software update show when you hover over?
Sync 22034 revision 364
Same version after I updated it. Was a very short update with no USB required. Prior to starting the update I had an APIM error and it listed a TSB next to it. I think this update was to fix that TSB. No idea really.

CUL8ER

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Awesome board tip! When you say “reset module” is there a specific procedure you follow to reset the module?
In Forscan the tab above where you change the modules allows you to do a module reset after you have made the changes. This essentially restarts the module.

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I did get a 30 day from them after spending so much on the helm licenses. They work, but you have to give them remote control of your computer for about 3 minutes for them to install it. If you are like me and your laptop only does FDRS and nothing else, probably not a concern. If you are running FDRS on your primary laptop, probably be pretty wary of doing it that way.
Whatever they do, looks illegal to me. You guys want to go this route, feel free to do it privately, but I would kindly ask to keep such stuff out of this public thread

Last edited:

Sponsored

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
Anyone see anything out of the ordinary with this? The FDRS logs from the run are super chewy... and this is Java :sick:
This part looks suspicious, as though there is some sort of Bosch VCM 3 or VCMM hardware validation check for your BECM software update. Your debug logs shows it downloads the file fine in 6.1 seconds, but then gets to this stage and starts closing connections and begins to debug itself (unless if I'm reading it wrong which is entirely possible since I don't write code). Maybe some others can shed some light on this.

These few lines make me worry a little about this entire thread and the direction Ford might take with all future updates. Theoretically, big blue could lock out all non-Bosch J2534-2 passthrough devices right? Hopefully I'm just being too pessimistic.

2022-04-02T07:24:13,288 INFO hmi.otxImpl.LaunchBundleFunctionImpl - Launching bundle "Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) Software Update"
2022-04-02T07:24:13,449 INFO otx.core.BaseApplication - Adding runtime logs appender to COMMS channel logger
2022-04-02T07:24:15,440 ERROR j2534.win32.InstalledDeviceImpl - Not supported on non-Bosch device.
2022-04-02T07:24:15,456 WARN dflt.sources.VciConnectionSource - Failed to clear last used device: Error 1 clear last used device = Not supported on non-Bosch device. [J2534_ERROR:ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED]

This may be a good thing for the BECM, it might prevent some of you from killing your truck. I certainly don't have the courage to update my BECM at home and would encourage others to leave that module alone since it's a critical component.

Last edited:

ibgregr

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost
I completed all of my updates today without any issues. I see BC is there and even went for a quick test drive and it kicked in. But...on the Ford Connected Services site it still shows Activation Pending and the date on my Sync screen is the October date. Is there anything I can do to kick it into actually officially activating?

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I completed all of my updates today without any issues. I see BC is there and even went for a quick test drive and it kicked in. But...on the Ford Connected Services site it still shows Activation Pending and the date on my Sync screen is the October date. Is there anything I can do to kick it into actually officially activating?
I called Ford customer support for the same problem. They told me to disconnect and reconnect to fordpass. That cycled the date to current date and no more activation pending showing in fordpass

ibgregr

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost
I called Ford customer support for the same problem. They told me to disconnect and reconnect to fordpass. That cycled the date to current date and no more activation pending showing in fordpass

Yup...I just found another forum post in a different section that said to do the FordPass reset. Did that and BOOM...activated!

Thanks!

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Glad to see this thread is back to life!

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
This part looks suspicious, as though there is some sort of Bosch VCM 3 or VCMM hardware validation check for your BECM software update. Your debug logs shows it downloads the file fine in 6.1 seconds, but then gets to this stage and starts closing connections and begins to debug itself (unless if I'm reading it wrong which is entirely possible since I don't write code). Maybe some others can shed some light on this.

These few lines make me worry a little about this entire thread and the direction Ford might take with all future updates. Theoretically, big blue could lock out all non-Bosch J2534-2 passthrough devices right? Hopefully I'm just being too pessimistic.

2022-04-02T07:24:13,288 INFO hmi.otxImpl.LaunchBundleFunctionImpl - Launching bundle "Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) Software Update"
2022-04-02T07:24:13,449 INFO otx.core.BaseApplication - Adding runtime logs appender to COMMS channel logger
2022-04-02T07:24:15,440 ERROR j2534.win32.InstalledDeviceImpl - Not supported on non-Bosch device.
2022-04-02T07:24:15,456 WARN dflt.sources.VciConnectionSource - Failed to clear last used device: Error 1 clear last used device = Not supported on non-Bosch device. [J2534_ERROR:ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED]

This may be a good thing for the BECM, it might prevent some of you from killing your truck. I certainly don't have the courage to update my BECM at home and would encourage others to leave that module alone since it's a critical component.
What programmer was being used here? I kamikaze’d my way through a few updates, including the BECM, last month with the Mongoose and didn’t have any issues. Was the Nano choking on the BECM?

At any rate, this is an interesting observation about Ford potentially locking down updates for non-Bosch programmers. But I doubt it would happen because they could get into a lot of hot water with manufacturers of J2534 products that Ford has certified to work with FJDS and FDRS, including some pretty big hitters like Opus (f/k/a Drew Technologies) and Snap-On, just to name a couple. https://www.motorcraftservice.com/diagnostic/FJDSSupport?categoryId=247 The outcry from independent repair and body shops would be tremendous.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
After all the APIM updates and IPC updates, my menu in my instrument panel Menu appears by default after I restart the truck and it doesn't retain its last selection. Is everyone's doing this?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
After all the APIM updates and IPC updates, my menu in my instrument panel Menu appears by default after I restart the truck and it doesn't retain its last selection. Is everyone's doing this?
Mine is not.
Sponsored