• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ditkafan1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
This might be a dumb question... I tried looking through the thread and didn't see this really discussed before. What are the less risky modules to update? (i avoiding using the word least due to risk being so relative here). Trying to gauge where to start this weekend once the cable and powersupply arrive.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
This might be a dumb question... I tried looking through the thread and didn't see this really discussed before. What are the less risky modules to update? (i avoiding using the word least due to risk being so relative here). Trying to gauge where to start this weekend once the cable and powersupply arrive.
GWM, APIM and TCU first.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
šŸ˜‚. Thank you. Hoping the Costco HP suffices. Not interested in paying Alienware money to do updates!
The best part is that FDRS runs no better on a high end laptop or a budget . I bought this laptop mainly because I use obscure design software for landscape architecture that runs best on a native PC and now I can do some work from home at night.

On another note, the SOBDMA update cleared this morning in FDRS

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
So I finished all my updates this morning and afterwards found that saved charging locations isnā€™t working. It shows no prior locations and when I took a drive and came back it is showing my home location as a new charging location that I can save but it doesnā€™t allow me to name it home because there is already a home saved location but it isnā€™t showing up or working (the prior charge limit not working). Is there any way to fix that? I searched and found some old threads with similar issues but no clear way to fix. Do I need to disconnect negative terminal to reset? Hoping for a less invasive fix. Thanks!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So I finished all my updates this morning and afterwards found that saved charging locations isnā€™t working. It shows no prior locations and when I took a drive and came back it is showing my home location as a new charging location that I can save but it doesnā€™t allow me to name it home because there is already a home saved location but it isnā€™t showing up or working (the prior charge limit not working). Is there any way to fix that? I searched and found some old threads with similar issues but no clear way to fix. Do I need to disconnect negative terminal to reset? Hoping for a less invasive fix. Thanks!

Check your Ford Pass, delete any old locations listed, then try saving the current configuration, if the ghost entry persists, use another name "home2" to get around the holdup.

Sponsored

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Check your Ford Pass, delete any old locations listed, then try saving the current configuration, if the ghost entry persists, use another name "home2" to get around the holdup.
Great, thanks. I tried deleting all the old charges in the charge log since there were no other locations listed in the saved charges and it did allow me to name the new location as Home. Hereā€™s hoping.

ditkafan1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Closing FDRS and re-opening it will fix many issues you may come across, too.
Thatā€™s actually where i started at, but it didnā€™t fix itā€¦ which is why i went to the reinstall. Been at this for a few hours so far. The power supply i got has been rock solid in the 14.2-14.4 range :)

Sponsored

ditkafan1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Is it common to have occasional crashes of FDRS? I have had 2 so far while using the software. Luckily it doesnā€™t seem to have caused any issues to any modules. I just restarted the software updates once i reopened fdrs and all was good.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Is it common to have occasional crashes of FDRS? I have had 2 so far while using the software. Luckily it doesnā€™t seem to have caused any issues to any modules. I just restarted the software updates once i reopened fdrs and all was good.
I would not say it is common, but it can happen and can be a PITA if it happens in the middle of the writing process.

ditkafan1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer