• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I'd rather have working chargers than labels that save me about 20 seconds of reading
Maybe a Red Alert! label for chargers that have been broken for months and are awaiting parts?
I just wanted them to have a more obvious label for which charging station number you are at!
Have you tried using your phone or watch to initiate the session via NFC?
Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
That would be great, too. I usually have checked their app to see which station I want to pull up at. Then you get there and the stations don't have a number that's readable from a distance. It would be incredibly easy to add this.

We should all carry some 4" black vinyl numbers in our vehicles and slap them on the stations when we charge. 😄
Black electrical tape. You can put whatever number on it you want without being limited to pre-printed vinyl. Electrical tape also would be appropriate because EV.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Black electrical tape. You can put whatever number on it you want without being limited to pre-printed vinyl. Electrical tape also would be appropriate because EV.
Better yet, we can use phasing tape to clearly differentiate the levels. Black for 50kW, Yellow for 150kW and red for 350kW.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Better yet, we can use phasing tape to clearly differentiate the levels. Black for 50kW, Yellow for 150kW and red for 350kW.

I like the way you guys think! 😄

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Truly the labels don't matter when you have to try all stations just to get a charge. From someone that uses more of them than likely anyone else on this board:

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The labels are great, now why don’t you ensure your chargers are in working order instead of 25% - 50% of them being nonfunctional at any given time
That's an exaggeration, but I agree that they need to improve their uptime.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Personally I just wanted them to have a more obvious label for which charging station number you are at! Basically the stations I've been to you can only tell if you look at the last digits at the very top, but it took me a bit the first time I ever used an EA station.
This is part of the signage update. They will have a label close to the screen that will show the charger number.

I the meantime, you can refer to the charger number that's displayed at the top of the screen of the current chargers.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Personally I just wanted them to have a more obvious label for which charging station number you are at! Basically the stations I've been to you can only tell if you look at the last digits at the very top, but it took me a bit the first time I ever used an EA station.
I have a black Sharpie in my Lightning and -- whenever I use a charger that I think I will use again -- I take out the Sharpie and put a large number right on the charger. Because the charging companies are not smart enought to do this, I take it into my own hands to solve the problem.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
This is part of the signage update. They will have a label close to the screen that will show the charger number.

I the meantime, you can refer to the charger number that's displayed at the top of the screen of the current chargers.
That is still quite small, they really need it to be easily visible before pulling in your vehicle. As another poster said, something like a 4-8" sticker would be better.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
That is still quite small, they really need it to be easily visible before pulling in your vehicle. As another poster said, something like a 4-8" sticker would be better.
This becomes a fundamental question. Do you want to know which station you pulled into, or decide which station you want to pull into. With plugshare and other information it would be desirable to know which stall is working consistently and pull into that one preferentially. Not a big deal if you go there often, you will know already, but for travelers it is more important. Color coded, plus big numbers and consistently operating within designed specifications.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Ugh, why are you mixing voltages? :)

black/red/blue for 240V

brown/orange/yellow for 480V

:)

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Which of these should I use for a Lightning?
Ideally, the 350 kW. However, right now EA has nerfed some of their 350 kW stations and limited them to 300A or so, whereas the 150 kW will go up to 350A. That can be a difference of 20 kW or so.

But under most conditions, the 350 kW is the best bet.