• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I am in an MBA program right now and ran my own small business for a few years. Companies that think like this usually do not do as well and quite a few fail.

If you aren't listening to your customer, what the hell are you in business for? The customer doesn't have to be right or correct..the only thing I care about is if it makes them more inclined to buy the product or service.

Anyone in basic level marketing can tell you colors can have an impact on desirability or distinction. Operations research shows colors have an impact on decision making? (Why are all stop signs RED for example?) When trying to explain to an EV newbie what charger they should use, it would be much easier to say.."look for the red handled chargers" vs. explaining 50kw vs 150kW vs 350Kw, etc).

We really need to make this learning curve easy if we want to spur EV adoption by the masses.
I teach in an MBA program and help students grasp that making people understand what they want is a lot more important than asking them - because showing them something they never thought of or convincing them they need something new will make you rich. Market research will only make you average. No market research could have created an iphone or a Tesla. Or an Apple iie, etc. But it might make a better horse manure diaper. No thanks. Market research is for losers. Said as a finance professor. The marketing profs love me. Ducking.
Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Yes, the EV drivers are sort of having to learn as they go. No father or mother or big sibling did this in front of us where we learned. Yamaha method.

EvGo was first in my area and then EA did pretty good. Some of the ChargePoints are showing up new out of box. If you had a Tesla then the world would be your oyster.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I don't know, I'd rather have working chargers than labels that save me about 20 seconds of reading
yep, from the reviews I'm reading and watching (youtube) EA has a serious problem keeping their charging stations up an running as well as poor customer service... if they don't adress these issues, pronto, it won't matter what color their charging stations are, few will use them.