• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Estimates on 2022 lightning resale value in 2 years?

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Pro, Tow Tech,
If used Tesla prices really do tank, maybe I'll pick one up instead of my lightning. I've seen a few already under 25k, so then you'll get another$4k tax credit.
Yes if you qualify for the $4k it is worth it. Just too loud and bumpy even on 2022 model.
Sponsored

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
That is crazy that people paid the markup price. Really dosesnt make any sense. They could had brought a nice Porsche EV and a regular truck. Unless you own your own business and need the write off thats fine I guess.
Any other options they could have considered were also inflated, Porsche more than most and trucks were essentially just as marked up. Whether new or used, you weren't getting anything at MSRP or pre-pandemic valuations.

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any other options they could have considered were also inflated, Porsche more than most and trucks were essentially just as marked up. Whether new or used, you weren't getting anything at MSRP or pre-pandemic valuations.
It should be illegal and I think FTC section 463.5 states that.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I feel like people who have a high enough net worth to be considering Ferrari and McLaren as vehicle purchases aren't coming to a truck forum to get financial advice.
Talk is cheap for some people. Then they wake up from their dream

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
The resale values will likely still be good in 2025. There will still be a fairly low production of EV trucks and even fewer on the used market. Depreciation on EV trucks should be lower than average for the next 5 years, or so. No one is releasing a cheap EV truck any time soon, either. It's mostly going to be $60k+ price of entry for a new EV truck. That will keep the resale floor pretty high even for older/higher mile trucks.

Sponsored

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The resale values will likely still be good in 2025. There will still be a fairly low production of EV trucks and even fewer on the used market. Depreciation on EV trucks should be lower than average for the next 5 years, or so. No one is releasing a cheap EV truck any time soon, either. It's mostly going to be $60k+ price of entry for a new EV truck. That will keep the resale floor pretty high even for older/higher mile trucks.

I would think that too.

tksams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone looked at trade in/wholesale/auction prices on these? I would say the market has already absolutely TANKED.

I'm getting offers from dealers, carmax, online services for a 2022 SR range Lariat w/ 8600 miles and blue cruise for $51k and under.

These #'s are way off the edmunds/kbb values. Not sure what is going on.

They're all saying the value has absolutely taken a nose dive in the recent weeks.

Just curious if anyone else has experience this.

daveross1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tahoe Z71, 22 X5 45e, '22 F150L Lariat ER
Has anyone looked at trade in/wholesale/auction prices on these? I would say the market has already absolutely TANKED.

I'm getting offers from dealers, carmax, online services for a 2022 SR range Lariat w/ 8600 miles and blue cruise for $51k and under.

They're all saying the value has absolutely taken a nose dive in the recent weeks.

Same. Rivian just offered me $55k on a trade (22 Lariat ER, 8K miles). CarMax was 56. That's a lot of value lost in a year that started with them selling $10k over MSRP.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Same. Rivian just offered me $55k on a trade (22 Lariat ER, 8K miles). CarMax was 56. That's a lot of value lost in a year that started with them selling $10k over MSRP.
I certainly would not accept under $70,000. I am thinking about selling. I was searching for the best way to value the truck. It used to be "sold items at auction" on eBay, but there are very few now. I looked at Autotrader, and coning the search down to 2022 Lariat with Extended Range and about 9,000 miles, I see a few listed around $90,000, but most are around $80,000. Of course that does not tell us the selling price.

Anyone know the best way to find a value?

tksams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I certainly would not accept under $70,000. I am thinking about selling. I was searching for the best way to value the truck. It used to be "sold items at auction" on eBay, but there are very few now. I looked at Autotrader, and coning the search down to 2022 Lariat with Extended Range and about 9,000 miles, I see a few listed around $90,000, but most are around $80,000. Of course that does not tell us the selling price.

Anyone know the best way to find a value?
I genuinely think that the value of a 2022 Lariat ER with that many miles is starting to dip below 65k as of the last week or so. The #'s are absolutely plummeting. The new prices are totally ridiculous now when you can get an absolute steal on a used losing about 25k off new sticker.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I genuinely think that the value of a 2022 Lariat ER with that many miles is starting to dip below 65k as of the last week or so. The #'s are absolutely plummeting. The new prices are totally ridiculous now when you can get an absolute steal on a used losing about 25k off new sticker.
Except the pro out there for $60k+ used.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
If interest rates were lower the Value would be higher. No one can afford anything with todays interest rates especially on used cars.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

Online car buyers are the worst.
Tried them all - very much undervalued considering they are reselling for over $70K.
BidLane, CarMax, Shift, Driveway, Carvana, etc all offered under $55K.

Trade in of:
'22 Lightning Lariat base w/ 10,000 miles in condition 5.0 (MMR)

In person, I got the best offers.
Found in So Calif, 2 dealers that were offering way more than online offers.
  • DriveO (Scott Robinson Honda Torrance) offered $65,500.
  • Norm Reeves Ford (Cerritos) beat it by $500 = $66,000 using the $1000 Ford trade in bonus cash.
Traded in at Norm Reeves Ford as I bought a '23 MME so it worked out perfectly and a good value since my MSRP was $69K in July 2022.

5 days after I traded it in, Norm Reeves re-sold the Lightning for $72K with nothing but a car wash!

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Tried them all - very much undervalued considering they are reselling for over $70K.

Trade in of:

• Norm Reeves Ford (Cerritos) beat it by $500 = $66,000 using the $1000 Ford trade in bonus cash.
Traded in at Norm Reeves Ford as I bought a '23 MME so it worked out perfectly and a good value since my MSRP was $69K in July 2022.

5 days after I traded it in, Norm Reeves re-sold the Lightning for $72K with nothing but a car wash!
That's great info. A 4.34% drop in value in a year. Amazing.

Thank you. I just looked at a Tundra TRD Pro for $78,000. I told them they might have to give me a few thousand on the trade. Mine was $83,000 in Oct '22. They are evaluating the deal.

tksams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

Trade in of:

I would kill for dealers that are appraising correctly.
Cars and bids won’t list it for auction either unless the reserve is crazy low (54k). I’m actually starting to wonder if the vin isn’t coming up correctly. A few sites I’ve tried it comes up as a pro when it’s a lariat. I’m thinking these automated systems just aren’t working for these trucks and don’t know the differences in trims.
Sponsored