• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Estimates on 2022 lightning resale value in 2 years?

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Who knows....don't really care....but all those people saying the next-gen trucks will tank Lightning prices might not be considering that the 450+ mile range versions will cost $100K+. GM has already said $105K, RAM EV who knows, Tesla CT who knows...

Would a curious buyer on a budget prefer a $105K 450 mile truck or a $60K 320 mile truck to ease into the BEV world?
Sponsored

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I would kill for dealers that are appraising correctly.
Cars and bids won’t list it for auction either unless the reserve is crazy low (54k). I’m actually starting to wonder if the vin isn’t coming up correctly. A few sites I’ve tried it comes up as a pro when it’s a lariat. I’m thinking these automated systems just aren’t working for these trucks and don’t know the differences in trims.
Yes, their automated appraisal system is not able to deal with these vehicles. Autonation is having trouble finding a price for mine. The exact text: "CAD is taking forever because of the vehicle itself, so we're just waiting on confirmation." Not sure what CAD is.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
nobody knew what the pandemic was about to do with the new and used car market only several years ago, and during that time I was fortunate to be able to resale a very used 2014 Leaf, and a very used 2014 Focus, for MORE than I had paid for them 2-5 years prior. That's crazy. That's not normal. It's still not normal for today's prices.
I, unfortunately, found myself also within those same parameters when I bought my wife's brand new Kia Sorento PHEV at 'overmarket' ADM, and now the LIGHTNING Pro, last August, for no less than MSRP, although yes, at the Ford's advertised pricing for the $39,994 'unicorn' NEW electric truck.

Will the same pricing situations be in play two years from now? two days from now? hours from now? Unless you have the magic 8 ball, no one here, or anywhere else for that matter, can tell you what ANYTHING will be 'worth' in the future. I wouldn't be on this forum if I did.

Also, what something is worth in the future has several elements of consideration, depending on your real concern: what you think it's worth, what someone else with CASH thinks it's worth, what a dealership thinks it's trade-in or purchase value is worth, and what a dealer's RESALE price value(what they will put on the window sticker on their lot) is worth. All different things.

Right now, I wouldn't be surprised a dealer could ask for more than the MSRP, even on a USED '22 F150 Lightning - they are in demand and short supply.
In the future, you may find that they are in no demand and big supply... with little resale value.
If you hold it for 50 years, though, I'll bet it will be a classic and in high demand on the auction block, on tv, in primetime.

Who knows.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
99% of vehicles are eventually worth nothing. But what value did you get out of it's use?
For those that are so concerned with future value, did you lease the vehicle? That would guarantee you a future value?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I would kill for dealers that are appraising correctly.
Cars and bids won’t list it for auction either unless the reserve is crazy low (54k). I’m actually starting to wonder if the vin isn’t coming up correctly. A few sites I’ve tried it comes up as a pro when it’s a lariat. I’m thinking these automated systems just aren’t working for these trucks and don’t know the differences in trims.
Correct, Cars & Bids would not take my listing a few months ago, saying my reserve had to be under $55K.

GMTV, CarStub, BidLane - all of them were worthless - very much undervalued.

The best offer that was realistic were actual dealers that were looking for a used Lightning.

My dealer listed my '22 and sold it in 5 days for $72K which was snapped up because the lowest priced Lariat '23 Lightning on the lot was $85K. Dealer still made $6K for doing nothing but washing it. :confused:
Ford F-150 Lightning Estimates on 2022 lightning resale value in 2 years? Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 7.40.35 AM

None of these online car buying services including CarFax ever came to fruition.
Here's CarFax silly offer that was never even close when I had a local dealer inspect it - offers of $55K was common and they said it's because they price it on low wholesale value...:ROFLMAO:
Ford F-150 Lightning Estimates on 2022 lightning resale value in 2 years? Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 5.17.42 AM

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It doesn’t help when dealers add mark up and these sit on dealers. Why? Well, the dealers see their new ones not moving for months so they figure they aren’t “hot” so they bid lower at auction and then give a lowball offer at trade in. It’s only going to get worse.

Tesla does the same, they lowball you badly on used Teslas. They don’t want their own brand back.

Here is an interesting story:

https://www.businessinsider.com/for...ntory-problem-trying-to-beat-tesla-2023-7?amp

For the Lightning, I think resale at the private level will hold strong but selling online or to actual dealers will continue to tank, especially as mileage goes up.

22 Lariat ER 31k miles - $50 to $64k trade in Value

Ford F-150 Lightning Estimates on 2022 lightning resale value in 2 years? IMG_2534

Last edited:

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Yes, their automated appraisal system is not able to deal with these vehicles. Autonation is having trouble finding a price for mine. The exact text: "CAD is taking forever because of the vehicle itself, so we're just waiting on confirmation." Not sure what CAD is.
From the sales guy: “So we received back from CaD. We would only be able to offer 52,700 for the lightning. “ Lol

And yet they want $5,000 over MSRP for the TRD with 1,700 miles on it. Either the market is soft or it’s not. They seem to be giving mixed signals.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
From the sales guy: “So we received back from CaD. We would only be able to offer 52,700 for the lightning. “ Lol

And yet they want $5,000 over MSRP for the TRD with 1,700 miles on it. Either the market is soft or it’s not. They seem to be giving mixed signals.
Thing is a TRD has its fan boys just like the Raptor or any Tesla.

The Lightning has no major fan base. It’s just an EV truck that’s an F-150. I’d argue that the Tremor F-150 holds its value much better than either the Lightning or Mach-E.

Now if they come out with some limited Lightning that’s 3 seconds with 400+ mile range and 300 miles of towing then it would hold its value like crazy 🤣

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
The dealer where I bought my Pro just listed a 2022 Lariat ER, 26k miles for $61.990. Original sticker was $79,429.
Based on past transactions with this dealer, I would assume they gave the owner trading in the Lightning around $55k

Last edited:

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Value just dropped with the new MSRP price reductions
Sponsored