• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I finally looked up V3 SC locations, there are NO V3 along I-10 from Phoenix all the way to San Antonio. What the heck!? This announcement suddenly became less exciting for me.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I finally looked up V3 SC locations, there are NO V3 along I-10 from Phoenix all the way to San Antonio. What the heck!? This announcement suddenly became less exciting for me.
I wonder when we'll learn more about why this has only included v3. I'm hopeful they will be able to include Urban and v2 somewhere along the way too. No guarantees however. The trucks really can't take advantage of v3 anyway. Maybe it is simply because they figure the v3's take less time for a charge and have better throughput for the number of vehicles that can charge in an hour, so that is all that was included.

Last edited:

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X
Blue = Permits
Yellow = currently under construction
changes tab to see more details

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning to gain access to Tesla Superchargers! Get standard NACS port starting 2025! Xlyom6w

cutler03gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR
I wonder when we'll learn more about why this has only included v3. I'm hopeful they will be able to include Urban and v2 somewhere along the way too. No guarantees however. The trucks really can't take advantage of v3 anyway. Maybe it is simply because they figure the v3's take less time for a charge and have better throughput for the number of vehicles that can charge in an hour, so that is all that was included.
V2 doesn’t have the necessary hardware to communicate through the connector to a CCS car. ”PLC” (powerline communication) is what I have seen mentioned a few times. Let’s hope many of those V2 locations get updated to V3/V4 in the coming months.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
V2 doesn’t have the necessary hardware to communicate through the connector to a CCS car. ”PLC” (powerline communication) is what I have seen mentioned a few times. Let’s hope many of those V2 locations get updated to V3/V4 in the coming months.
Thanks for the info. I've seen v3 rollout like crazy the last year, but I've not seen many v2 upgrades. I've seen v3 added to the same location as v3, but for now seems like they are super focused on expansion vs replacement. I agree and hope that it should come in time, but may be a couple more years.

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
A2Z EV Shop is advertising a NACS to CCS1 adapter for $308. The adapter isn't on sale yet but at least we have some idea what the adapter will cost.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
A2Z EV Shop is advertising a NACS to CCS1 adapter for $308. The adapter isn't on sale yet but at least we have some idea what the adapter will cost.
The A2Z EV Shop adapter is now available to purchase and the price dropped to $307. I’m not sure what use it will be since Tesla still hasn’t opened up their network to non-Tesla users. Maybe one of our intrepid members will buy and try to use it.

I started a new thread on this topic because I thought this information would not be noticeable in this old thread.

Last edited:

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I'm hoping we'll start see some automakers doing field testing with NACS adapters and software sometime soon. Q1 2024 isn't that far away!

Last edited:

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I'm hoping we'll start see some automakers doing field testing with NACS adapters and software sometime soon. Q1 2023 isn't that far away!
I assume you mean Q1 2024, but I don't recall any of the announcements saying specifically Q1 did they? I only remembering hearing something like "some time in 2024" an adapter will be made available. So I assume that probably means Q1 2025... I hope Im wrong!

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I assume you mean Q1 2024, but I don't recall any of the announcements saying specifically Q1 did they? I only remembering hearing something like "some time in 2024" an adapter will be made available. So I assume that probably means Q1 2025... I hope Im wrong!
Well the very first post in this thread has the original press release and it says "starting Spring 2024". Of course that PR was from May. But we know now that Tesla is making the adapter (vs Ford) so there's a chance!

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I actually heard Farley say the Superchargers would open up in December. At the time I thought about starting a thread but there wasn’t any confirmation to support the statement so I shied away. Getting access to the Superchargers in December or even Q1 2024 would be nice but I’m not going to hold breath.

I must admit that my routine trips between Texas and Colorado have been a lot more challenging than what I expected when I ordered my Lightning. The big problem is that the Lightning requires so much power that the fastest chargers working flawlessly are required to prevent huge delays. There are a lot of fast CCS chargers between Texas and Colorado but unfortunately it’s often very difficult to find one in good working order.

I have a looped trip planned between Texas, Colorado and Kansas in few weeks. There are a couple of places where the Superchargers would sure come in handy on that trip (if they work). I’m sure you can hear the frustration in my tone, I get so sick of the governments, the auto companies and the EV charging service providers saying charging infrastructure is going to get better and then it doesn’t.

I’m still very skeptical that Supercharger availability for the Lightning is actually going to happen. And if it does happen there are going to be so many restrictions or the performance is going to so bad that access will be meaningless. If I keep my expectations low there is at least the possibility that I will be pleasantly surprised.

Texas politicians appear to have their heads stuck in oily mud. The Texas NEVI program is going nowhere. On the other side, Texas has huge wind farms and a deregulated electrical grid that allows you to buy only renewable energy, Texas has always been a state of contradictions.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
The Texas NEVI program is going nowhere.
I dont think there is any state in the entire country that has a swift install of NEVI chargers occurring or anywhere near occurring for that matter. It is a government funded program after all.
Sponsored