• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Don't see the warranty yet in Ford Pass but a strange item just showed up in warranty service on Ford pass. Does this mean Granger is getting service warranty reimbursement from Ford for work on car not performed? Why is "Services Performed: Air Conditioning and Heating Services and Unknown," the lightning VIN service records? The recorded charge for this service is $2560. It is listed under "Service History" in Ford Pass. You might want to check if it is in your Ford Pass as well.

For anyone else who ordered the lightning option, on your paper contract received via email does it have checked -

"Interior/Exterior Lighting Delete"

Does Ford pass supposed to show the additional coverage options (key, lighting, rental) or just the Ford Protect warranty?

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 4.04.10 PM.jpeg
Same thing with my warranty purchase.
Yes, we have to process the transaction somehow through our dealer software system. We have 3 transactions, a service ticket, vehicle sale or parts sale. We process these as a Service ticket because Ford offers a provision to sell a service contract on the service drive and that is the closest fit to how we're selling it. Unfortunately our software and ford's Ford Pass software are having a mapping issue causing this to show up in Ford pass (but not in warranty history) as a heating/ac repair. We've reached out to them multiple times without luck to get this resolved.

hope that makes sense.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Thank you to those who have given us an opportunity to protect their lightning! We are fortunate to have the opportunity and look forward to continue to help this community!

https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Another taker here, Dealer was talking $5K for their super duper non Ford warranty, yikes! then some form of Ford Protect that said Mechanical, 8/100, $1560...no clear details.

I think dents can be claimed under my $0 Comprehensive right?

Will 1st day rental be handled by Service or need to ask for reimbursement?

If a headlight goes out, lighting adder will cover?

Maybe should have gone direct to Ford for the plan:
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Extended Warranty from Ford Protect at $50 Over Cost! 221117 direct cost $2610 Ford Protect plan 8yr-100k Screenshot 2022-11-17 150702

Last edited:

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
occupying space
This exclusion is scary:
"WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT: Unless stated otherwise (see STATE SPECIFIC provisions for additional exclusions or changes) the following are excluded from coverage:
c) Repairs caused by loss of lubricants or fluids or contamination of oil, fluids or fuel. Repairs caused by continued operation of the vehicle after loss of lubricant or fluids or contamination of oil, fluids or fuel; "

If the motor or battery leaks coolant or the motor leaks oil or coolant from a bad hose, connector, or plug (see thread on cross-threaded plug repair on motor), and this causes a battery or motor failure, should not this be covered? Leaks can be subtle or catastrophic.
What do you think? @Granger Ford

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
This exclusion is scary:
"WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT: Unless stated otherwise (see STATE SPECIFIC provisions for additional exclusions or changes) the following are excluded from coverage:
c) Repairs caused by loss of lubricants or fluids or contamination of oil, fluids or fuel. Repairs caused by continued operation of the vehicle after loss of lubricant or fluids or contamination of oil, fluids or fuel; "

If the motor or battery leaks coolant or the motor leaks oil or coolant from a bad hose, connector, or plug (see thread on cross-threaded plug repair on motor), and this causes a battery or motor failure, should not this be covered? Leaks can be subtle or catastrophic.
As I understand it, any language referring to a "battery" is strictly pertaining to the 12v battery as the HV battery is covered by the federal warranty mandate.

The language quoted regarding loss of fluids seems to pertain to intentional disregard of an impending problem. If Ford is like VW, and I imagine they are all roughly the same, a "leak" is specific to "fluid dropping from [X] to the ground" and anything else, like a "subtle leak" would be considered seepage (and potentially not coverable as an issue; VW's argument of my diesel's various "seepage" was that it did not present as a "leak" and therefore they weren't responsible for it under the powertrain warranty until/if it ever did "leak").

But with the lightning it may be less of an issue depending on the vehicle's diagnostics. I would be surprised if a loss of coolant, sudden or over time, would result in some sort of error notice and eventual inability to move under its own power anyway. I doubt it's possible to run it dry to seizure like an engine.

Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
occupying space
Good point about the HV battery being covered, but the freon (another fluid!), compressors, motors, gearbox, or high voltage inverters, contactors might be a different story?

Hopefully a high temperature indication for the HV battery or motor would save them if there was a leak. There are not any coolant or oil level sensors?

I wonder if there is any history of warranty work being denied due to loss of coolant or oil?

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Good point about the HV battery being covered, but the freon (another fluid!), compressors, motors, gearbox, or high voltage inverters, contactors might be a different story?

Hopefully a high temperature indication for the HV battery or motor would save them if there was a leak. There are not any coolant or oil level sensors?

I wonder if there is any history of warranty work being denied due to loss of coolant or oil?
Contactors should be in the battery. The rest of the stuff you listed would be under bumper to bumper or ESP.

MuradS

First Name
Murad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Don't see the warranty yet in Ford Pass but a strange item just showed up in warranty service on Ford pass. Does this mean Granger is getting service warranty reimbursement from Ford for work on car not performed? Why is "Services Performed: Air Conditioning and Heating Services and Unknown," the lightning VIN service records? The recorded charge for this service is $2560. It is listed under "Service History" in Ford Pass. You might want to check if it is in your Ford Pass as well.

For anyone else who ordered the lightning option, on your paper contract received via email does it have checked -

"Interior/Exterior Lighting Delete"

Does Ford pass supposed to show the additional coverage options (key, lighting, rental) or just the Ford Protect warranty?

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 4.04.10 PM.jpeg
Same here! I bought the warranty, and my service record shows close to $3000 for AC/Heating and unknown service

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Same here! I bought the warranty, and my service record shows close to $3000 for AC/Heating and unknown service
This is a coding error between our dealership software and Ford pass (only Ford Pass). So it doesn't categorize it correctly. It isn't on warranty history, but won't show correctly here.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
This exclusion is scary:

I haven't ever personally seen this clause been used. I believe its meant to protect Ford in the case of blatant abuse or lack of maintenance.

Sponsored

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I haven't ever personally seen this clause been used. I believe its meant to protect Ford in the case of blatant abuse or lack of maintenance.
I used the website at https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/ to get a quote on an extended warranty. I paid for it. Now I have an email saying that the website is wrong, and I need to pay more to get the warranty I wanted.

The dealer quoted me a lower price than the "corrected" price Granger responded with. I declined the dealer offer based on the website quote.

Is there any timeline to fix the website?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I used the website at https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/ to get a quote on an extended warranty. I paid for it. Now I have an email saying that the website is wrong, and I need to pay more to get the warranty I wanted.

The dealer quoted me a lower price than the "corrected" price Granger responded with. I declined the dealer offer based on the website quote.

Is there any timeline to fix the website?
Yes, we had some errors, got some fixed today. We're still working on resolving the rest of them. if you have any questions on live pricing in the interm you can email [email protected] and we can get you accurate pricing. Unfortunately with the EVs they came out with a new pricing grid on the last revision and getting those changes mapped to our website has been a little more complicated than a quick number swap.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I want to thank you guys so much for your help in referring customers to www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com! We are now a little over $2,500,000 in savings from MSRP this year on Ford Protect contracts! We'd like to hit $2,750,000 by year end. This wouldn't be possible without all your support!

Thank you for referring your friends and visiting the website!

swngdncr

First Name
Carla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Forerunner, 2016 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired mostly
Just in case someone else might unknowingly be in the same situation. I thought I purchased the warranty a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like it never processed. I guess the website isn't working to make the purchase online. I was prowling in the forum last night and noticed a comment about the warranty information being in FordPass. I didn't recall seeing it show up in my FordPass, so I started checking and found that the warranty purchase was never processed! So, I tried several times last night and this morning to make the purchase of the warranty on the website, but it gives an error message, something about being in trial mode. Anyway, I sent an email to Zach. I thought that the $50 over cost deal was only good this year, but I'm afraid no one is probably working today.

I want to thank you guys so much for your help in referring customers to www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com! We are now a little over $2,500,000 in savings from MSRP this year on Ford Protect contracts! We'd like to hit $2,750,000 by year end. This wouldn't be possible without all your support!

Thank you for referring your friends and visiting the website!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Just in case someone else might unknowingly be in the same situation. I thought I purchased the warranty a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like it never processed. I guess the website isn't working to make the purchase online. I was prowling in the forum last night and noticed a comment about the warranty information being in FordPass. I didn't recall seeing it show up in my FordPass, so I started checking and found that the warranty purchase was never processed! So, I tried several times last night and this morning to make the purchase of the warranty on the website, but it gives an error message, something about being in trial mode. Anyway, I sent an email to Zach. I thought that the $50 over cost deal was only good this year, but I'm afraid no one is probably working today.
Sorry for the issues you are having. Email Brooke at [email protected] and she can sure help out and get this resolved for you.

Zach
Sponsored