• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
When determining the date, it says:
" We can apply Ford Protect coverage up to 41 months or 40,999 miles from the vehicle’s original in-service date. This is the date and mileage when a dealer first sold the vehicle as new. "

My lightning was sold to me this past Feb 2023 but it's warranty date is Jun 2022, when it was put into service as a demo unit. Which date is used for these extended warranties?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
When determining the date, it says:
" We can apply Ford Protect coverage up to 41 months or 40,999 miles from the vehicle’s original in-service date. This is the date and mileage when a dealer first sold the vehicle as new. "

My lightning was sold to me this past Feb 2023 but it's warranty date is Jun 2022, when it was put into service as a demo unit. Which date is used for these extended warranties?
It is from the June 2022 date in this instance.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for referring your friends/family to us for an extended warranty. We've been super busy with our team doing a great job processing contracts before the price increases.

Pricing is good through the end of September on www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
@Granger Ford Thanks for providing this value. I do have a question. After purchasing, I got a survey request from Ford asking about my recent service visit. I thought that was odd for a warranty purchase. I started the survey but stopped since it was asking a lot of questions about service that did not apply. Then last week I was looking at Ford Pass and under Service I noticed the following entry:

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Extended Warranty from Ford Protect at $50 Over Cost! Granger Service  (Small)

My warranty was about $1,000 so not sure where the $2,000 cost came from and why Ford believes my HVAC was serviced. I don't want to go into for service in the future and they see a previous repair (that never happened) that may affect my warranty.

Can you explain?

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
@Granger Ford Thanks for providing this value. I do have a question. After purchasing, I got a survey request from Ford asking about my recent service visit. I thought that was odd for a warranty purchase. I started the survey but stopped since it was asking a lot of questions about service that did not apply. Then last week I was looking at Ford Pass and under Service I noticed the following entry:

Granger Service  (Small).png

My warranty was about $1,000 so not sure where the $2,000 cost came from and why Ford believes my HVAC was serviced. I don't want to go into for service in the future and they see a previous repair (that never happened) that may affect my warranty.

Can you explain?
I also have an unknown service on mine?

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Extended Warranty from Ford Protect at $50 Over Cost! 2023_09_19_12_42_39_Service_History

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Can we pre-buy? My truck is stuck at the factory till who knows when. I likely won't even be able to take delivery until the price increases.
We can't until there is a in-service date.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
We received the information on the price increase. 4-6% price bump across the board is what the prices will go up on October 2nd. So to make sure we receive everything in a timely manner, we're asking everything to be in by the 29th so we have enough time to process orders.

www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
We have been extremely busy, so please don't wait until the last minute if you have any questions on a contact. Call or fill out a contract online so we can make sure we get everything handled before the deadline! My staff will be extremely grateful :)

www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com

ESK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Question for anyone who has bought the extended warranty.

Doesn't Ford cover us Bumper to Bumper 3 yr / 36k? And of course much longer coverage on the battery. Just confirming if I am putting ~12k/yr on the vehicle and it's new, then I am paying today for a policy I wouldn't even use for at least 3 years?

Also question to anyone who has put 25k or more on their Lightning - Any new issues developing that make the purchase of a EW seem like a no brainer?

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
Took my Lightning in for recall work and was told the EW does not cover rentals or loaner for recalls. Seems like every time I need any service or work done no loaners or rentals are covered.
Sponsored