• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
Does anyone know if we still need to contact Forscan for a beta? They have version 2.3.51 available now. I guess I could just try.

i'm finally ready to start playing with it, I have physically installed the bed lights and rain sensor, just need to program them.

I also want to add securicode, but am waiting on someone to post a walkthrough/video! people who have done it say its tough to route the wiring.

jybell

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18’ Raptor / 23’ Lightning Lariat ER (bld: 1/2/23)
Does anyone know if we still need to contact Forscan for a beta? They have version 2.3.51 available now. I guess I could just try.

i'm finally ready to start playing with it, I have physically installed the bed lights and rain sensor, just need to program them.

I also want to add securicode, but am waiting on someone to post a walkthrough/video! people who have done it say its tough to route the wiring.
2.3.51, the current version on their website/downloads worked for my ‘23 ER Lariat

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I did it this this past weekend. It's going to be really tough to get a video of the wiring due to the nature of where the wiring is. While fishing the wire through was the most difficult part, I wouldn't say it's the toughest project I've done to my truck.

Some tips:

You will need a Torx bit to remove the exterior rubber molding under the trim piece you are replacing. I don't remember which size as I have a Torx set and just tried different ones until I got the correct size.

If you have large hands, recruit someone with smaller hands to help. It helps in fishing the wire down when you have to pull out the vapor barrier to get in there.

The actual plug is plugged into a dummy connector in the middle of the door on the outside of the glass.

Trim tools help, especially getting reflector out to access one of the screws holding on the door trim (6 screws total to remove door trim).

Don't forget to disconnect the power door lock and window control cables when you remove the door trim, you do have about 6-12 inches of play when you pull the molding off.

Be careful about the pressure you put on the door handle cable, the connection can snap a piece of plastic off it seems.

Roll the window up and down (temporarily reconnect window cable) to assist in removing trim and fishing the wire. Remember that the wire needs to be run in a way so that it is behind the window (on the outside side of the window). Do not cross the wire over the window track.

Good luck!

Sponsored

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro

version 2.3.51 worked perfectly for my 23 Pro.

How do you reset a module through forscan? I didnt see an option anywhere.

BUT my changes for rain sensing wipers, bed lights, turn signal, and I think glare-free headlights all took after cycling the ignition. I know the wipers work (its rainy today so i volunteered to drop my kid off to school to test them), the bed lights work, the turn signal works, and im guessing the glare-free headlights work, the option is in the settings.

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
EDIT: I had problems making glare-free and the light bar work, but figured it out.

You must reset the APIM after you're all finished and wait a couple of minutes, then everything should take!
im a noob to FORScan, I'm reading up on it a lot, I want my led lightbar to be brighter as well, sometimes its hard to tell its on during the day. do you mind helping me figure it out?

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
im a noob to FORScan, I'm reading up on it a lot, I want my led lightbar to be brighter as well, sometimes its hard to tell its on during the day. do you mind helping me figure it out?
This would be amazing I agree.

Sponsored

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Here is the code for bright DRL during the day factory is 10% and reason you can’t see them during the day

first
Bcm

726-42-01 x2x2 xxxx xxxx
Then for brightness
726-38-01 xxxx 64xx xxxx

64 =100%
5A = 90%
4B =75%
32 = 50%
19 = 25%
0A =10%
I DONT HAVE BCM AS A MMODULE FOR ME... ANYONE KNOW WHY?

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 1680918632140

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150