• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
The current Lightning goes away when the next gen arrives. There will not be an electric truck based on the next generation ICE truck.
Hmm, I'll have to do some more reading. Thanks
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I agree with the shifter, but I like the door handles. The thought of having to get an external 12V source to open my Mach-E in case the LVB dies makes me cringe.
I donā€™t disagree with that. The truck doesnā€™t need the Mach-E scheme, but a mechanical release thatā€™s smaller than the handles on a steamer trunk would be nice! šŸ˜„

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The current Lightning goes away when the next gen arrives. There will not be an electric truck based on the next generation ICE truck.
That's a shame--they could sell unlimited numbers of the current-gen Lightning to fleets, assuming they put a lower-cost LFP battery pack in it.

It will be interesting to see how much T3 will cater to fleet customers--Ford always talks about how upfit compatibilities are so important to their fleet customers and they're going to lose that with a completely forked design.

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Where is that info coming from - first I have heard of it.

If they name it the Thunder - I will have to get new custom plates!
Explorerdude on the Blue Oval Forums. He's an insider who accurately described details surrounding the bronco, bronco sport, maverick, f-150, mustang, escape, and several Lincoln models. He has a very solid track record. He's described the T3 as having a shorter, lower front end, with sporty radical styling. He also described that three row ev crossover as something with radically different styling. A blend of the Polestar 3, '95 Tarus wagon, and ev explorer shown in Europe. Another upcoming products he's touched on is the mustang raptor. Saying it'll be less of a coupe, and more of a lifted shooting brake body style most likely.

Great resource overall, very open about the things he's seen while being very credible.

Jarratt

First Name
Jarratt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Tacoma, Model 3, Lariat Max Tow, lng range
Iā€™m excited also. I donā€™t think itā€™ll ever match the Cybertruck unless they make some radical exterior design and gut the interior.

I think this 2nd gen will be miles ahead of all real trucks.
Battery tech won't power Ford's highly profitable SuperDuty truck (F-250 & up). It is clearly headed towards H propulsion for those. It has patented an H engine and is investing hugely. It's SoCalGas is one of many trials.https://newsroom.socalgas.com/stories/socalgas-to-test-drive-fords-prototype-f-550-super-duty-hydrogen-fuel-cell-electric-truck

Sponsored

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Personally, I am not interested in a pickup truck that is 're-imagined' by people who don't drive pickups. I love my Lightning because it has everything I want in my pickup and has all the benefits of an electric vehicle.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I love my Lightning but I am excited to see what Ford does. They have always taken risks and changed the industry. Gonna be fun to watch. Remember when we thought the Taurus was the most futuristic vehicle ever? Get ready.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
One concern for the lightning is that with such a relatively short lifespan run, will it have parts availability a couple of years after production ends. Sure it has alot in common with F150, but not everything and some changes are more subtle. Are you going to be able to find that right front fender or light bar in a junk yard or some sort of cooling system part that was only ever used for the lightning.

It will be interesting to see if the last model year sells out quickly because people are too afraid of the new... or if the last model year sells out slowly because people are more interested in the T3. I Find it a little discouraging to buy the lightning knowing it's days are already numbered. I also worry they specifically wont improve it because they have already given up on it.

snb2557

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
I Find it a little discouraging to buy the lightning knowing it's days are already numbered. I also worry they specifically wont improve it because they have already given up on it.
My thoughts exactly. He announced the T3, even gen2, before many people were able to get even a gen1 Lightning (hell, my build order still hasn't been built, but I just went and bought one from a dealer lot 2 months ago...). I still love the truck and for the moment don't regret it, but knowing gen2 is so close and has little in common (outside of being an EV pickup) with the current Lightning is a little discouraging both now and when I was signing the papers.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Didn't we know that a complete redesign was coming before this truck was ever in customers hands? We always knew there was a new factory coming and I was thinking it was pretty widely known (don't remember when official word really came) that this truck was only a stop gap to get something on the road.
Sponsored