• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Final Steps to Bluecruise email

OP
OP
Lippy

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
The ones that have receive the 2.5.1 shiuld look in there features and the menu for cruise and it should be different now it should have a smart offering now. I verified the changes were made to someone that provided their vin to me their as build has been updated to the same as a 22 with BC. So go look to verify it is on in the menu
I checked and definitely have 2.5.1. But I didn't see any option for Smart cruise.

Ford F-150 Lightning Final Steps to Bluecruise email IMG_3172
Sponsored

Briansk12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
On 2.5.1 and don't have anything about Smart Cruise in my settings either.

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The ones that have receive the 2.5.1 shiuld look in there features and the menu for cruise and it should be different now it should have a smart offering now. I verified the changes were made to someone that provided their vin to me their as build has been updated to the same as a 22 with BC. So go look to verify it is on in the menu
I just went through this in features and every option in settings and didn’t see anything new.
It does seem like this has broken my wireless Apple CarPlay. It still works with a USB cable. I’ve tried everything to get it to work. I even deleted my phone in Sync and my truck on the phone with no luck. It does say that my phone is connected to sync. Just no CarPlay.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I am still on 2.4.1 but I got this in email today. I am not happy. What "waves"? Shouldn't all the '22 vehicles cover all the specific sets and combinations out there that they have enough validation data? This is ridiculous. I understand waits and delays but NOT when people that aren't even passionate about this stuff just skip the line and walk off a lot with Bluecruise and we're still waiting.

Ford F-150 Lightning Final Steps to Bluecruise email 1646948890323

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
At least you are in a wave. Lots of us on the waiting list to even get in early access.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
On 2.5.1 and don't have anything about Smart Cruise in my settings either.
That’s strange yours is the one I was looking at. It is enabled for sure .. how many ignition cycles have you had since the updates?

OP
OP
Lippy

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
That’s strange yours is the one I was looking at. It is enabled for sure .. how many ignition cycles have you had since the updates?
Is Smart Cruise a discrete setting, or is it just part of Adaptive Cruise?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Is Smart Cruise a discrete setting, or is it just part of Adaptive Cruise?
From my understanding it is under cruise. Let me did a bit and verify if there is a change in the wording. The as built was changed though I know for sure.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Here is from a 22 Manual

BLUECRUISE SETTINGS Enabling BlueCruise
1. Press Features on the touchscreen.
2. Press Driver Assistance.
3. Press Cruise Control.
4. Press Lane Centering with Hands-Free.

Enabling Activation Prompts

1. Press Features on the touchscreen.
2. Press Driver Assistance.
3. Press Cruise Control.
4. Press Activation Prompts.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
One of the preconditions required for the 2.5.1 update to go through is to have the parking brake set on. Mine has not been on the previous attempts but is on now. The escalation team member who called me told me this and is going to send me a complete list of all of the preconditions. They will also be attempting to push through the update at my scheduled time this evening. My fingers are now crossed.
Thanks. I’m going to try setting parking brake and running now since I am not going anywhere the next few hours.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Cycled about 2 or 3 times since the update.
Ok, I was just curious. Not sure what to suggest. Have you confirmed the subscription is in your connected services?

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
just ran out to garage and set parking brake on.?‍♂

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
One of the preconditions required for the 2.5.1 update to go through is to have the parking brake set on. Mine has not been on the previous attempts but is on now. The escalation team member who called me told me this and is going to send me a complete list of all of the preconditions. They will also be attempting to push through the update at my scheduled time this evening. My fingers are now crossed.
Parking brake on did not work for me - still failed.

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Parking brake on did not work for me - still failed.
that’s strange. I’ve received all the updates and I never set my parking brake. I hope it works for you though.
Sponsored