• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"Bluecruise Maps Not Up To Date" message

daveross1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tahoe Z71, 22 X5 45e, '22 F150L Lariat ER

bub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Plat
There's a thread about this in the F150 lightning facebook group too. I also got this message.

Its funny in a bit of a sad way that the software experience around updates is this way.

If we're warned some software is out of date, we'd like to know how to fix it. Can we push an "ok update button" or be told you need to be on wifi or something. But instead the exprience is that you go to the software updates page and ofcourse it tells you there's no new updates for you.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Got this warning when turning on the truck yesterday.
Surprised we have not had an avalanche of complaint's on the Lightning forum, I'm not seeing this issue on my truck.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
There's a thread about this in the F150 lightning facebook group too. I also got this message.

Its funny in a bit of a sad way that the software experience around updates is this way.

If we're warned some software is out of date, we'd like to know how to fix it. Can we push an "ok update button" or be told you need to be on wifi or something. But instead the exprience is that you go to the software updates page and ofcourse it tells you there's no new updates for you.
One guy on the MachE forum said:

1. Get in the car.
2. Turn on the car.
3. Turn off the car.
4. Open the door.
5. Lock the doors using the lock button on the door
6. Close the door.
7. Walk away (get keys or phone for PAAK) out of range of the car
8. Wait for the parking and interior lights to turn off
9. Repeat 10 times

I would love to say it worked but unfortunately I lost count around the 7th or 8th repeat. Let me know how it goes for you…

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Surprised we have not had an avalanche of complaint's on the Lightning forum, I'm not seeing this issue on my truck.
I got that warning too a few days ago. I remember before my latest updates several weeks ago, and have a pic of it where my About SYNC screen said "Hands Free driving mode available until 4-6-2024" that was at revision 915. Currently, I am on revision 1049 and it reads "Bluecruise Map version: MU5T-14H394-AAR"

Not really sure what any of that really means, except, I believe I got that message on 4-6, which would coincide with the date my SYNC used to show as the expiration...

Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
I got it on Saturday. I then traveled on one highway where Bluecruise would normally have activated and it wouldn't turn on. Assuming it's broken but I haven't been on a BC enabled highway since to test again.

Is there no real fix for this issue? FDRS?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Isn't the date scheme DAY-MONTH-YEAR in the Ford world time ?
ie 4th of June 2024

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Isn't the date scheme DAY-MONTH-YEAR in the Ford world time ?
ie 4th of June 2024
That's certainly possible, but I have no idea. I haven't been on a highway since I got the message over the weekend, and had sort of forgotten about it until this thread came up, but the Mach-e thread seems to indicate the error message was an error and that everything should be working. I'll see if BC will engage on my drive home today.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I got the same message, but Bluecruise worked fine a few days later (yesterday)

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I got the warning a couple of days ago, but I read @Gimme_my_MME's advice in another thread on this (as just above) and have ignored it. Either way, Ford really needs to get its act together if it can't update its maps in a timely fashion and then has to hit everyone up with warnings (or, alternatively, has server glitches that call, "WOLF!").

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer

I'm seeing this issue too. I didn't raise it previously as I believe I'd be better served to go and take a pee against the wind to expect Ford to do anything about it. Ford's ineptitude to provide timely updates is simply the reality of being a Lightning owner.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
I got the message a few days ago. Blue Cruise worked where I normally use it. Haven't got the same message again, I don't know if the maps are up to date or not. Don't care, pretty much local driving only.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I don’t think I got this message but my truck updates to 6.1.0 yesterday and said “new blue cruise maps” and blue cruise didn’t activate this morning where it usually does.

It was raining pretty good. Does that affect it?

Shouldn’t it give a warning that says no BC due to rain or something ?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I don’t think I got this message but my truck updates to 6.1.0 yesterday and said “new blue cruise maps” and blue cruise didn’t activate this morning where it usually does.

It was raining pretty good. Does that affect it?

Shouldn’t it give a warning that says no BC due to rain or something ?
Severe rain, snow and blinding sun (horizon conditions) in the camera behind the rearview mirror will impact operation, it should say something to the effect of {Hands Free / Blue Cruise} is unavailable at this time IIRC.
Sponsored