• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station Pro cutting on and off

jppritchard

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2016 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
My Charge station Pro has starting cutting on and off. When it is charging the blue light is flashing on and off like it should. Then I can hear a relay and it will stop charging. It will start charging after a while and repeat. It will eventually charge to 100% but it takes a lot longer. I also do not see the WIFI from the charger. Has anyone else had this issue? I have turned the breaker off and let the system reboot to no avail.
I have seen this also. Not every time I charge, but I have heard the clicking. I checked my meter at that time and the charge station was drawing about 6.6kW instead of my max of 13kW (65A setting). I notice the charger does this when I want a certain % by 6am and the off peak charging time is 11p-6a so the car starts before the 11p start time. I also have WiFi issues and Ford has sent me a whole new unit to install.
Sponsored

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
My Charge station Pro has starting cutting on and off. When it is charging the blue light is flashing on and off like it should. Then I can hear a relay and it will stop charging. It will start charging after a while and repeat. It will eventually charge to 100% but it takes a lot longer. I also do not see the WIFI from the charger. Has anyone else had this issue? I have turned the breaker off and let the system reboot to no avail.
I would try turning off the the breaker for the charger. Then check if the lugs for the wires are still tight and within spec. My charger would kick off alot and it turns out the lugs loosened up and eventually killed the charger.

Last edited:
OP
OP

djherron

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It could be the overheating. I'm in the south and it has been over 90 degrees lately. When it is not charging, there is a green light on the right side.

OP
OP

djherron

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It is a normal occurrence for the station to stop charging when it detects overheating.
In the winter months you don't see this case occuring constantly. If you live in the South, you will see the station shutting down. When you see this happening, walk out to where your station is placed and check your LED color. If it is amber, it means overheating. Touch/handle the charging cord, you see is soft and flexible and quite warm.
Another thing to watch, if you set the schedule of charging level to 85-90% and you want to charge to 100%, you going to have to reinitiate the charging to 100%, every time it cuts off charging above your scheduled charging level.
The Power Pro app needs more work from Ford to operate 100% all the time. I have raised the issue before in these forum discussions. Sometimes it works and sometimes is useless. At least the wallbox is charging. Your FordPass in the vehicle page will display the charge rate while you using the wallbox.
The wallbox may say Ford on the outside but it is manufactured by Siemens in the Philippines. Third party equipment. Tesla makes their own wallboxes for their vehicles. This is what happens when you have to depend on someone else to build and upgrade charging infrastructure(wallbox), to meet your charging needs at home. In the future, we may have to use the Tesla Cybertruck wallbox charger. NACS receptacle ready. In the meantime, what we have will do the job. It really charges at a higher level.
My LED color is green when it says "plugged not charging".
Sponsored