• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station pro

BeardedOneGaming

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 XLT
So im trying to connect my charge station to the ford app. I downloaded the pro setup app. But when i begin new setup the charger is not showing up under the list of wifi in my settings. I am connected to wifi on my phone and have a signal so i know its not the wifi. I tried calling customer service but they are closed. Anyone experience this?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Did you try to manually enter the ssid?

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
So im trying to connect my charge station to the ford app. I downloaded the pro setup app. But when i begin new setup the charger is not showing up under the list of wifi in my settings. I am connected to wifi on my phone and have a signal so i know its not the wifi. I tried calling customer service but they are closed. Anyone experience this?
YES! got mine on 9/11 and connecting has been flaky but after a few attempts would connect. However I haven't been able to connect for the past couple days. I tried a reset but the setup app doesn't see the FCSP at all. the charger still works fine, I just can't connect to it with Ford Pass. I don't get any error messages but just a white screen. I'll be calling customer support tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Would that be Ford or the charge station maker?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Your FCSP might have stopped making its wifi visible. It typically does this after you connect to it during pairing setup. You can open up the case and hit the reset button to make the SSID visible again. I had to reset 3 or 4 times before pairing was successful.

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
just got off with Ford. FCSP tech support verified that they can see the charger. They passed me on to Ford Pass support. although at taxmanhog's suggestion I had updated to ver 4.31 but still could not connect. FP support had me uninstall and reinstall FP. problem solved.

OP
OP
BeardedOneGaming

BeardedOneGaming

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 XLT
Your FCSP might have stopped making its wifi visible. It typically does this after you connect to it during pairing setup. You can open up the case and hit the reset button to make the SSID visible again. I had to reset 3 or 4 times before pairing was successful.
I will try this tomorrow

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
Ever since I got my FCSP installed I had a hard time getting it connected so I could see it through my FordPass app. Had the installer Sun Run recommended even try when they installed it and they had problems and tried calling Ford Customer Service.

This past weekend I decided I wanted to try again so I could start tracking the charging amounts. I tried several times and there was not a wi-fi for the FCSP that was broadcast. Reset it and that didn't work. Kept trying and eventually the SSID showed up and I was able to set it up. I then attached it to a closer router I have and so far it has stayed connected so I can view it on my FordPass app.

I had to keep trying it for about 10 times to see the SSID on my phone, even trying to enter it manually with the password. If it ever disconnects I will probably have the same problem getting it to show up. Not very robust.

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Would that be Ford or the charge station maker?
I called Ford's technical support specifically for the FCSP. number is on the back page installation manual