• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Intelligent Backup on existing Tesla Solar + Powerwalls system

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
Has anyone successfully added Ford Intelligent Backup hardware to their home, that already has Tesla Powerwalls?
Looking at it as a possible backup power to a backup power, but unclear if doable, if messy, or just a dumb idea.
(Adding more Powerwalls would be a challenge, which is why I'm exploring)
Sponsored

Chado

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, BMW, Tesla
Would be interesting, maybe once Tesla does allow their cars to do V2L or V2H it might be doable.
Tesla's system is so seamless I wouldn't want to do anything to mess with it's function

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2022 Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Conservationist
If you search, you’ll find lots of previous threads here about this question. I have a 36-panel solar array and three Tesla Powerwall batteries. So installing the Ford Intelligent backup system by Sunrun is superfluous and needlessly expensive, even if it worked.

Instead,, I’ve been considering using the Lightning as a backup generator in the event of a prolonged power outage. But even that is challenging. I’d have to install a safety switch to isolate the Powerwalls and solar array from my home and the truck. Probably not worth the hassle and expense.
Sponsored