• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Pass app not recording charges

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
I had installed the Ford Charger a couple of days ago, but the app does not record any charges.

I used the ford charge station pro app and then linked it to the ford app, but it does not look like the charger is online.

any tips on how to fix it?

other than that, I am extremely happy with the charging speeds on the 80 setting.

the only issue is that I suffer a voltage drop when the charger comes online. I will ask the electric company to update the lines, but they won’t probably do anything…
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass app not recording charges BF1691CB-ABDF-44EE-89A8-B5D4382EA246
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
When you look at the charger through FordPass, does it have the blue bar on it?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass app not recording charges Screenshot_20221217-215124_FordPass

If it doesn't, turn the power off to it and let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes. Then turn it back on and wait 15 minutes to check it again.

OP
OP

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
When you look at the charger through FordPass, does it have the blue bar on it?

Screenshot_20221217-215124_FordPass.jpg

If it doesn't, turn the power off to it and let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes. Then turn it back on and wait 15 minutes to check it again.
thank you! Not blue line on the app. I will try that tomorrow.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Mine was misbehaving after having "brown out event" on Wednesday night, after noticing that I was missing a couple days of charging activity, I ended up having to confirm that my FCSP was joined to the home network correctly, I have a wiFi pod between the house network and the garage and the FCSP. This screwed everything up with the settings and configurations, the data eventually flushed up to the cloud and my charge history was accurate again after a few hours of waiting.

---------------------------------------------------

I was getting this, and no data after the brown out, often simply turning off the FCSP at the breaker then turning it back on will fix this problem.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass app not recording charges 1671381928107

Other things to confirm

Make sure you can log onto your personal account at FORD.COM through which your Ford pass account is associated, if you have been "Locked Out" get that resolved first, BTW sometimes the FP will appear to still be connected and mostly operational, until you log out, but the next time you try logging in, the security lock won't let you in, this problem often occurs when the Ford's cloud security sees third party apps attempting to connect to your FP account, hopefully that is not your situation, but be aware this is a common secondary root cause.

If account access is all good, then suspend (force stop) the app, clear the cache, restart the app, lock/unlock the truck, check the connected charge station function, hoping you see the blue bar.

Next simple solution, unplug the truck, shut off the circuit breaker to the FCSP, leave it off for 5 minutes, then power it up, leave it unplugged from your truck for about 30 minutes, during this period your FCSP may receive and post a firmware update, since you're a new install, this might be part of your problem.

Then plug in the truck, initiate a charge session, assuming you are not already at your set point, otherwise push the charge to 100% let it run for a while to add an additional 5% or so, then stop the session. Unplug the truck, close the port door, turn on the truck, turn off the truck. By then that charge session data should post to the cloud and reflect on the Ford Pass, Connected charge stations activity log, you might eventually see prior session data post.