• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
At least it appear that OTAs are coming much faster for the Lightning than for the Mach-e. Took about 7 months for us to get our first OTA.
Still doesn't have the TPMS recall fix, though, 2 weeks after Ford's self imposed deadline...
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Still doesn't have the TPMS recall fix, though, 2 weeks after Ford's self imposed deadline...
Actually I believe it does . Maybe @Mike G can explain. He has my vin and is able to check these updates. Here are some screen caps where it shows no recalls now. Also , yes . Itā€™s been all day and my phone is still dead.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford PowerUp 3.2 Software Update 8/4/22 398150FE-6609-413C-A570-4281761DBD9E

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford PowerUp 3.2 Software Update 8/4/22 F254D7D2-35F7-4293-96BF-637AE9909AD4

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022āš”Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Tough crowd. šŸ˜‚
IMO, they have a monkey on their backs here they need to shake. They haven't historically been doing much to improve things via updates (that often come to slow if ever and are somewhat lackluster). In comparison, the benchmark Tesla is issuing regular, meaningful improvements in addition to the incremental bugs and fixes.

At least, that's how I see it.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I picked mine up yesterday and I had a notification that 3.1.0 had just been added.

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Mine says updated on 8/4 - 3.1.0 - WTH ?

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 7.08.57 AM.png
I got 3.1 also two nights ago and just this morning I see the download icon for 3.2. 3.3 should is just adjustments to 3.2 I think

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Yesterday 3.1 update and then today I opened the Ford Pass app and it shows I received the 3.2 update last night as well. I hope they all come that quick.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Bunch of fluff updates IMO. Yay, you (Ford) fixed an owners manual and added a game. Maybe fix the phone as a key, add a pet mode, make the app open quicker, at charging details, enable setting charge rate....
And fix how the tailgate does not open from the key pad (only the Frunk opens.)

Sponsored

GABAR67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
IMO, they have a monkey on their backs here they need to shake. They haven't historically been doing much to improve things via updates (that often come to slow if ever and are somewhat lackluster). In comparison, the benchmark Tesla is issuing regular, meaningful improvements in addition to the incremental bugs and fixes.

I think the vast majority of people overlook something when it comes to Tesla and the legacy auto manufacturers.

Tesla is a tech company first and an auto manufacturer second. The industry is trying to catch up to the tech in Tesla just like Tesla is trying to catch up to the build quality of the legacy brands.

Itā€™s not something thatā€™s going to happen in a couple of years but theyā€™re both getting closer.

In 5-10 years, all brandsā€¦.including Tesla will be about equal and the only major things thatā€™ll be different will be the number of motors and the size of the battery for more range.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Flipped to 3.2 today as well, per the app. Just got 3.1 yesterday. Still need to see it in truck. Machine gun updates sound great lol.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I think the vast majority of people overlook something when it comes to Tesla and the legacy auto manufacturers.

Tesla is a tech company first and an auto manufacturer second. The industry is trying to catch up to the tech in Tesla just like Tesla is trying to catch up to the build quality of the legacy brands.

Itā€™s not something thatā€™s going to happen in a couple of years but theyā€™re both getting closer.

In 5-10 years, all brandsā€¦.including Tesla will be about equal and the only major things thatā€™ll be different will be the number of motors and the size of the battery for more range.
Don't forget body style and interior. Pretty much want has sold cars for 100 years

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired

As a multi-Tesla owner, who loved the experience, mostly, I can say that many of the updates did add functionality and promised features. But many updates also regressed features and OFTEN had to be updated again within 24 hours due to bad pre-release testing. When I traded my '19 MX two weeks ago it had lost Sirius XM functionality, nowhere to be found. That was after two weeks and counting, with an update promised for restoration. There were still so many bugs in that interface that I couldn't count them.
Sponsored