• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass App Stopped Working

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
No idea other than what they told me OTA update fix expected first half of February. I’m being required to pull fuse 32 every two days now to keep Ford pass working. Gotta love it.
Well it's March and still no update, or at least one that fixes the issue. Had Mike G check my VIN and I have no updates available via FDRS and Fordpass has disconnected twice requiring a battery disconnect since I updated everything on Feb 19.
Sponsored

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Can I get an OTA update to fix the modem Ford Pass issue if I have not seen update since Feb 22? I am almost giving up pulling the fuse every couple of days.

Should I pull Fuse 32/disconnect LVB every couple of days hoping the update will come through in between?

Meanwhile, I am watching the Tesla Investor Day, and they are talking about earth energy sustainability, self driving improvement, next gen vehicles, next gen supercharger, reducing cost, improving assembly processes, improved wiring harnesses, robotaxi, robots, yada yada yada...

I think Ford should have a live Investor Day just to talk about "Ford is in the process of fixing the modem Ford Pass connectivity!
#SMH #Frustrated 😡

TAPCF

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Retired HR Director
My Ford Pass quit fully connecting after an OTA on February 13 after owning the Lightning for about two weeks. I had about 250 miles on the odometer when this happened. After trying numerous things I called Ford. Ford told me that this was a known issue for some 2023 Lightnings built in December of 2022 before December 13th of the month. Ours was built on December 3rd. Ford told me to make an appointment with my dealer and make sure they were aware of the Service Bulletin. Until I was able to get it into the dealer, I unhooked and then rehooked the the negative cable on the 12V battery.. As described by so many on this forum, the battery reset worked until I got it into the dealer this morning. I picked it up this afternoon and everything works!

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
My Ford Pass quit fully connecting after an OTA on February 13 after owning the Lightning for about two weeks. I had about 250 miles on the odometer when this happened. After trying numerous things I called Ford. Ford told me that this was a known issue for some 2023 Lightnings built in December of 2022 before December 13th of the month. Ours was built on December 3rd. Ford told me to make an appointment with my dealer and make sure they were aware of the Service Bulletin. Until I was able to get it into the dealer, I unhooked and then rehooked the the negative cable on the 12V battery.. As described by so many on this forum, the battery reset worked until I got it into the dealer this morning. I picked it up this afternoon and everything works!
Please do let us know if it reverts back to its old ways after the “fix” in a couple of days. I’m not taking mine back to dealership again until they have it solved. First trip was a waste of a whole day. Best of luck yours is sorted out.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Please do let us know if it reverts back to its old ways after the “fix” in a couple of days. I’m not taking mine back to dealership again until they have it solved. First trip was a waste of a whole day. Best of luck yours is sorted out.
Yeah, please do let us know in a few days if the issue is back. I have gone to the dealer 3 times (for different issues and will not waste my time again going there)

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
I got the TSB applied at the dealer today to take care of the Vehicle/FordPass connectivity issue. So far so good, we'll see if its still connecting after a week.
Hopefully you are good. It’s not that I don’t trust the dealership TSB fix, it is more like I would like to verify it based on others experiences at this point. Thanks in advance in keeping us updated.

Naz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Ok so to report after they applied that TSB absolutely nothing has been fixed but they did reset all my settings so that was nice. The truck is now fully updated and apparently the TCU firmware is updated but the issue is still present. I have it booked to go back on Wednesday this week... will report again.

6T9Boss302

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Designer

Naz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I should note that when I took it in they also installed that 4A update on mine. The new UI is definitely an improvement but unfortunately it did not solve the modem issue.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Hopefully you are good. It’s not that I don’t trust the dealership TSB fix, it is more like I would like to verify it based on others experiences at this point. Thanks in advance in keeping us updated.
Lost connectivity yesterday, it's been 16 hours.

Luckily my service visit was for a tailgate issue or I would've completely wasted my time.

Ugh.

6T9Boss302

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Designer
I just called Ford Pass and they gave me the modem update build number for my truck. I’ve had no connectivity issues since. I hope this helps:

TSB23-2050

Last edited:

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
I should note that when I took it in they also installed that 4A update on mine. The new UI is definitely an improvement but unfortunately it did not solve the modem issue.
So much for our trucks self updating themselves it sounds like for the immediate future. Ford really knows how to drag there feet on a fix is my take. Sorry to hear they are still clueless on a fix yet for us all still having to do the user required self reset aka fuse 32 routine. Ugh.

TAPCF

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Retired HR Director
I’m somewhat nervous about jinxing myself but wanted to let you know that it’s been about a week since I took the Lightning to the dealer to implement the TSB23-2050 fix. So far the Ford Pass stays completely connected and is working the way it did when we first got the pickup! Additionally the OTAs that failed to update now are functioning because the dealer brought everything up to date.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
I’m somewhat nervous about jinxing myself but wanted to let you know that it’s been about a week since I took the Lightning to the dealer to implement the TSB23-2050 fix. So far the Ford Pass stays completely connected and is working the way it did when we first got the pickup! Additionally the OTAs that failed to update now are functioning because the dealer brought everything up to date.
Cheers to that hopeful permanent fix. Just had to reset my fuse 32 again this am. Ugh… Guess I will need to lookup exactly what your dealer did to yours. My lightning was the first one they had in our local service department last month. Unfortunately they were pretty clueless at that time. Fingers crossed for yours.
Sponsored