• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Infotainment USB’s stopped working

Anthony C

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Has anyone else’s USB ports that connect to infotainment system stop working? Mine no longer light up or work at all.
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I'm on a road trip now and noticed my USB stick was not listed, I unplugged it and tried again but it still did not show up for me to play songs. I forgot to check it out at my destination but will double check when I get back to the lightning.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Has anyone else’s USB ports that connect to infotainment system stop working? Mine no longer light up or work at all.
Hi there, Anthony! If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info and I’ll look into this usb concern. Thanks!

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Mine didn't work yesterday on the way home from work. Today they are fine. I wonder if it was an update that went through. Some updates get applied while you are driving if the update doesn't require immobilization. These updates can cause temporary glitches.
If the problem persists into the next day, try the Sync restart by pressing the volume down and the skip right buttons on the wheel for 10 seconds. Make sure you've given the system enough time to apply the updates before doing the restart so you don't clobber an update in progress.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Mine is working fine I didn't have the SD card in the reader..😁

Sponsored

Ish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Powerboost XLT; ‘23 Lariat ER ordered
I don’t use those two much but have had intermittent issues on past Ford products with them. Force resetting Sync has always reset them and got them to work (power and fast forward buttons if you have physical buttons and volume down and fast forward on the steering wheel if you don’t have physical center buttons).

OP
OP
Anthony C

Anthony C

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Mine didn't work yesterday on the way home from work. Today they are fine. I wonder if it was an update that went through. Some updates get applied while you are driving if the update doesn't require immobilization. These updates can cause temporary glitches.
If the problem persists into the next day, try the Sync restart by pressing the volume down and the skip right buttons on the wheel for 10 seconds. Make sure you've given the system enough time to apply the updates before doing the restart so you don't clobber an update in progress.
Thanks I will give that a shot

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I leave one USB cable always plugged in and connect to my phone for Android Auto. Haven't had any issues thus far.

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Seems like I have to reset my USB to make the app wake up and function at the start of a trip. It sometimes gets lost and never recovers from indexing the file structure.

And I can only browse and change directories while parked. Which is real annoying since I can change radio stations while driving!

OP
OP
Anthony C

Anthony C

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Thanks I will give that a shot
Gave the reset a shot and still no luck. No power to the USB and no lights. I’m going to check the fuses as soon as it stops raining.

Ford F-150 Lightning Infotainment USB’s stopped working IMG_0112

Sponsored
OP
OP
Anthony C

Anthony C

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Gave the reset a shot and still no luck. No power to the USB and no lights. I’m going to check the fuses as soon as it stops raining.

IMG_0112.jpeg

The fuses were fine. Must need to be replaced, yay ford will take 3 days to figure it out.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
I rented an ICE Ford F-150 this past week while traveling for business.
I noticed I had trouble with the USB plug. Had to wiggle it from time to time in order to get a connection. It was so erratic, I finally gave up trying. Then it occurred to me I had a USB-C cable in the briefcase, so I tried that instead and…Voila! No problems for the rest of the week.
Give that a try.

OP
OP
Anthony C

Anthony C

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Thanks, but they are completely dead that the lights around the USB’s don’t light up either.
Sponsored