• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford's epic Lightning bait-and-switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Make sure you aren't looking at the default agate black pictures. When you switch to another color it clearly shows Lariat with painted mirror and door handles. Plus they are listed in the order guide under standard equipment.
I saw too, it’s just a bug in the configurator.
Sponsored

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yeah, I am starting to agree with you. Not only that but the Lariat does not come with Body colored door handles or mirrors, unless it's a mistake on the site? At this point maybe the Pro is the best options even with the SR battery. Ford truly dropped the ball.
Just a bug I believe in the configurator.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
^^^^^^ One Caveat.
In ICE form you have far more range of both options (especially a-la-cart) and pricing, especially on the lower XLT price range.

Ford first of all charges a LOT for the barebones XLT "standard equipment" that is above the Pro Standard Equipment. They even clearly list the items that make up the $12k. It's not much stuff. I mean how much can you charge for cameras, heated steering wheel, and an electric driver's seat? Lol

In my opinion that is more a reflection of what a BARGAIN the Pro is. Or put another way, I'm convinced Ford is charging more for the Pro's Standard equipment when it is in an XLT. That's the only way I can reckon the XLT additional entry cost.

I admit a Barebones Lightning XLT is a very desirable truck compared to the Barebones XLT ICE. But it SHOULD be since it is considerably more expensive. (which conflicts with the article mentioned in the previous post)

I see where the gripe/shock is from and it's the fella dreaming of the middle tier XLT with the extended battery. It's obvious Ford does not want us to buy Barebones Pro's or Barebones XLT with the extended battery.

At least not now. Not when they don't need to or have to. They don't have competition yet, but they will!

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
^^^^^^ One Caveat.
In ICE form you have far more range of both options (especially a-la-cart) and pricing, especially on the lower XLT price range.

Ford first of all charges a LOT for the barebones XLT "standard equipment" that is above the Pro Standard Equipment. They even clearly list the items that make up the $12k. It's not much stuff. I mean how much can you charge for cameras, heated steering wheel, and an electric driver's seat? Lol

In my opinion that is more a reflection of what a BARGAIN the Pro is. Or put another way, I'm convinced Ford is charging more for the Pro's Standard equipment when it is in an XLT. That's the only way I can reckon the XLT additional entry cost.

I admit a Barebones Lightning XLT is a very desirable truck compared to the Barebones XLT ICE. But it SHOULD be since it is considerably more expensive. (which conflicts with the article mentioned in the previous post)

I see where the gripe/shock is from and it's the fella dreaming of the middle tier XLT with the extended battery. It's obvious Ford does not want us to buy Barebones Pro's or Barebones XLT with the extended battery.

At least not now. Not when they don't need to or have to. They don't have competition yet, but they will!
Agreed! We will find out about the competition tomorrow. I’m assuming Ford has some inside information on the Silverado EV, I mean why else would they release Build and Price prior to and then order banks open Thursday.

Sponsored

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
Disappointing... but nothing new. Tesla and GM did the same thing. The actual price to the consumer basically didn't change for the Model 3 or Bolt when the credits went away. Model 3's price went down accordingly and Bolt's price went down, too, via bigger discounts. The money went to Tesla/GM.

What are the chances that in 2023... as the credit dwindles, the XLT will be able to get the big battery without the required $9500 option package? I'd say pretty high.
I think the point of that credit is to get EV production going, so it's accomplishing that.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I think the point of that credit is to get EV production going, so it's accomplishing that.
No argument there... just agreeing with the previous poster that it often works out to be more of a manufacturer subsidy rather than a consumer discount.

TF1000

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Prius Prime, 1996 Ram 1500
I wanna meet the dude cross shopping an ID4 or Ioniq and a Lightning ?
I'm that dude too. I have a farm so I need a truck but not for an every day driver. I've been buying new cars and beater used pickups. Was thinking the F150L could replace both. If Pro is not available I'll look for a small EV (maybe ID4) and keep getting beater trucks.

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
I pulled out a month after i made a deposit in July. Quickly realized that the so called Lighting truck with a frunk will be a big overpriced joke. Still laughing about it.

Sponsored

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm that dude too. I have a farm so I need a truck but not for an every day driver. I've been buying new cars and beater used pickups. Was thinking the F150L could replace both. If Pro is not available I'll look for a small EV (maybe ID4) and keep getting beater trucks.
By cross shopping, I mean one or the other. Have 2 horse farms myself. You still have a truck regardless. I’m talking about people who will either buy a ID4/Ioniq5 OR a Lightning. If you buy the crossover, you still have a truck.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I pulled out a month after i made a deposit in July. Quickly realized that the so called Lighting truck with a frunk will be a big overpriced joke. Still laughing about it.
Good, 1 less order to put me ahead!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.