• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Ford Lightning Miscellaneous Question and Answer Thread

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
You can and I did for a while - I actually loaded up some Flac files. I've got them on an SSD drive plugged into one of the ports by the phone charger. It became too frustrating as the truck couldn't keep them sorted. It would index and sort day 1, then a few days later they were totally in a different order.

Once you get the drive plugged in - hit the screen with the apps on it and it'll have a USB drive or the name of your drive may even appear - select that and you should be able to play them after it indexes what is on the drive.

Excellent. I will give it a go tomorrow.

Thanks. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I have someone who is upgrading my electrical service for 60 amp to 200 amp and is going to install my Ford Charge Station Pro. Did I not read somewhere on this forum that the Ford Charge Station Pro requires a dedicated sub panel that should be in close proximity to the charger? They are installing the charger in my detached garage and they are saying that a sub panel is not required for the FCSP. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Sub panel isn't required but the NEC requires a lockable disconnect on any circuit over 60 amps that isn't readily accessible to the breaker.

I don't have my code book in front of me so I can't quote the exact language.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Did I not read somewhere on this forum that the Ford Charge Station Pro requires a dedicated sub panel that should be in close proximity to the charger?
You may have read that to use aluminum wire for a long run from service panel to the FCSP (to save money on expensive copper conductors) that you need to have a transition from aluminum to copper to run to the FCSP. Copper is required for the terminals on the FCSP. This could be done with a sub-panel with an appropriate circuit breaker or a disconnect.

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I am going on a trip to Ontario Canada today and I just wanted to know... all I need are some credit cards to charge up at fast charge stations right? I'm going to need probably 2 charge sessions and I'd love for them to happen without many issues. Are there any Dos and Don'ts when it comes to seeking and using fast chargers?

Thanks.

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I would make sure you have the appropriate apps for the brand chargers you will visit. In my experience, point of sale charging with a credit card is rife for failure.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Are there any Dos and Don'ts when it comes to seeking and using fast chargers?
What @Pod said. Biggest don't is, don't rely on card readers to activate fast chargers. They're nowhere near as reliable as card readers on gas pumps.

Get apps and add app payment cards to your phone's digital wallet. You may have to put a card on file or $10 in your account. It's worth it. Remember that the NFC tap area on the charger is often different than the credit card reader.
Sponsored