• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Ford Lightning Miscellaneous Question and Answer Thread

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
That's what I've been saying in this thread but if you don't know what I'm saying here, then I digress. :cool:
Kind of. You're asking for a forum within a forum. I mean, do what you want, I'm not the forum police. I'm on here to learn and help people. A single chaotic thread with random questions feels less organized and harder to find answer for, that's all.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Not the forum police here either, but as a moderator on a different forum for the last 5 years - we push hard to have a single topic per thread. There were 5 to 6 moderators and daily we merged threads, moved threads and moved off topic posts to an off topic forum. It's a lot of work, but it made finding information much easier.

My comment is not negative toward the forum here either - don't take it that way. It runs pretty good around here. My comment is that it can be a lot of work to keep one running real well all the time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Not the forum police here either, but as a moderator on a different forum for the last 5 years - we push hard to have a single topic per thread. There were 5 to 6 moderators and daily we merged threads, moved threads and moved off topic posts to an off topic forum. It's a lot of work, but it made finding information much easier.

My comment is not negative toward the forum here either - don't take it that way. It runs pretty good around here. My comment is that it can be a lot of work to keep one running real well all the time.

I completely understand and agree that moderating and maintaining a message board can be hectic. I love this board and I get great info from it, but there are times that a search does not quite answer some questions, fully. Please feel free to delete this if not much good can come of this thread. Thanks to all members for your input. :)

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I would think if a thread doesn't quite answer your question, maybe post your question in that thread instead of starting a new, similar thread.

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I think it's fine to have threads like this.
maybe post your question in that thread instead of starting a new, similar thread.

I don't look at this thread like "starting a new thread". I look at it like the title says... Miscellaneous. Almost like the "What did you do to your Lightning Today" thread. It's not just one topic.

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Can someone post pictures of under their dash, both drivers side and passengers? I see some people are missing the trim down there

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Are the 12 volt battery terminals easily accessible when opening frunk? Before I take delivery of my truck, I want to order a Vivair air compressor that connects by clipping to bat terminals. I hope there isn't a cover that I have to remove before connecting compressor.

Thanks.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Are the 12 volt battery terminals easily accessible when opening frunk? Before I take delivery of my truck, I want to order a Vivair air compressor that connects by clipping to bat terminals. I hope there isn't a cover that I have to remove before connecting compressor.

Thanks.
There is a plastic cover in front of the 12V battery. It's not hard to remove, but it needs to be done correctly. I've even had dealer techs fail to do it correctly, break a tab off and have to give me a free replacement. The cover has to be pulled up, NOT towards you or else you will break the retention tabs on the back.

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
There is a plastic cover in front of the 12V battery. It's not hard to remove, but it needs to be done correctly. I've even had dealer techs fail to do it correctly, break a tab off and have to give me a free replacement. The cover has to be pulled up, NOT towards you or else you will break the retention tabs on the back.

Ok. Thank you for that info.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I want to order a Vivair air compressor that connects by clipping to bat terminals
+1 for @Crilly 's post above. You're swimming in copious amounts of 120V power with or without Pro Power Onboard. IMHO, no reason to needlessly pull power out of the small 12V battery that is so critical to the operation of the truck's systems.

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I have 120 volt plug in air compressor. That is far better than 12 volt. You can plug it in the frunk, cab, or the bed of the truck.

This makes perfect sense. Do you guys have any recommendations for a small portable 110v compressor that i could maybe store in the sub frunk? The Viair pump i have in mind is very powerful yet portable.

Thanks.

Jarratt

First Name
Jarratt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Tacoma, Model 3, Lariat Max Tow, lng range
I have 120 volt plug in air compressor. That is far better than 12 volt. You can plug it in the frunk, cab, or the bed of the truck.
Do you have a brand/Model # recommendation " Thanks

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Does anyone know about the B&O audio system? I thought I read somewhere that loading a thumb drive with mp3s and other audio formats would play on the audio system. Was I misinformed? :unsure:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Does anyone know about the B&O audio system? I thought I read somewhere that loading a thumb drive with mp3s and other audio formats would play on the audio system. Was I misinformed? :unsure:
You can and I did for a while - I actually loaded up some Flac files. I've got them on an SSD drive plugged into one of the ports by the phone charger. It became too frustrating as the truck couldn't keep them sorted. It would index and sort day 1, then a few days later they were totally in a different order.

Once you get the drive plugged in - hit the screen with the apps on it and it'll have a USB drive or the name of your drive may even appear - select that and you should be able to play them after it indexes what is on the drive.
Sponsored