• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Those YouTube reviewers may want to reconsider their clever opening sequences where they first appear from inside the frunk.
Wow. That would have been a PR nightmare. 😂
Sponsored

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
They probably had NOS of 1990's Lincoln Towncar trunk latches and decided to use them. Most likely the exact same mechanism as it operates identically. On the Lincolns, you press the button and the latch rises then releases, just the opposite when closing.

I changed a boat load of those damned things. Sometimes I had to pull the back seat to get at the latch when they locked up.

Straussberg

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Prius, 2014 Sierra
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wow. That would have been a PR nightmare. 😂
My 8 year old son asked to do that when we test drove one last week... I told him when I own a truck, I'll let him try getting in the frunk. Not on a dealership mannequin! :D

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
@AZT9 - Any update on your truck? Did you get it in to the dealer?

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
@AZT9 - Any update on your truck? Did you get it in to the dealer?
I get off shift in a couple days. Have an appointment on the 13th. I imagine they will have the truck for a while. Ford did reach out to me and basically said that they want the parts back to see why they failed so that’s promising. I will report back for sure 👍🏻

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Any updates?

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Maybe we should all just boycott the frunk hood and remove it before one of our drunken selves gets trapped in a dare gone wrong. Just open the drain on rainy days and you'll be fine. It'll have a reverse Jeep effect. Might lose some range, but better than being trapped.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
My gut tells me that if it isn't fully latched the truck won't even drive.
Some guy posted a video of driving it in a parade with the frunk fully open. I do not recommend that since you can’t see anything but he said it was possible and posted a photo or a video, I don’t recall which. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
Some guy posted a video of driving it in a parade with the frunk fully open. I do not recommend that since you can’t see anything but he said it was possible and posted a photo or a video, I don’t recall which. 🤷🏻‍♂️
You have to manually disengage the parking brake but once you do that you can move the vehicle with the frunk open. I did it last night, I had the frunk open to get the mobile charger out. I needed to move the truck up 6 more inches to clear the garage door. The electronic parking brake was on and indicated on the dash with the truck in drive and frunk open. Once I manually turned it off, I was able to pull forward.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
I was playing with my dealers mannequin today. When the frunk is open there is a decent size gap you can see threw.

The dealer was keeping the frunk open and people were pushing the escape button. Of course this would make it so the frunk would not work. I played around with and got it to work. You have to have the tail gate closed. All the doors closed. Vehicle on. When it says on the drivers screen (frunk escape button was pushed) or some such thing then push the ok button.

At leased. That is what I think I did.

I plan to Velcro a piece of wood Or what ever is handy over the escape Button When I get mine in a couple weeks I hope.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Looks like we need to DIY a switch to disconnect/reconnect 12V battery.
They should have added jump points/disconnect under the fake charging door on the right side.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
They should have added jump points/disconnect under the fake charging door on the right side.
Yeah. I will not use Frunk after picking up my truck until Ford has a solution.

Or maybe to have a cable so I can manually release the Frunk. This really makes me nervous as Tesla does not have any manual release for trunk and frunk.
Sponsored