• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Citizen0

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Anti-Matter Blue
Occupation
CTO
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
I contacted my dealer today and I’m scheduled to go in next Wednesday morning. They are wonderful and have been from the start. It just took me a few days to get everything unloaded.

My VIN is 1FT6W1EV6NWG04076 and the dealership is Cook County Ford in Adel, GA. Again the delay is in no way related to the dealership. I definitely don’t want any hurt feelings with them or their service department. They were as excited about Sparky as I was!
Sponsored

Citizen0

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
I wanted to update everyone on the frunk issue. I got to thinking about it and the issues started after I drove about 2 miles in torrential rain. This was just outside the campground and when the problems started happening.

Thursday (6 days after the problems started) the frunk opened about half way, much to my surprise.

By Saturday (8 days later) the frunk is back to full normal operation. This definitely leads me it has something to do with water intrusion into something, though I am surprised it doesn’t short out and instead seems to recover when it dries out. I guess we’ll find out Wednesday.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I wanted to update everyone on the frunk issue. I got to thinking about it and the issues started after I drove about 2 miles in torrential rain. This was just outside the campground and when the problems started happening.

Thursday (6 days after the problems started) the frunk opened about half way, much to my surprise.

By Saturday (8 days later) the frunk is back to full normal operation. This definitely leads me it has something to do with water intrusion into something, though I am surprised it doesn’t short out and instead seems to recover when it dries out. I guess we’ll find out Wednesday.
@AZT9, wasn’t this the diagnosis @Ford Motor Company gave you for your Frunk issue?

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
We currently are getting soaked in New Jersey at the moment, and so far its been pretty good. I have not operated the front trunk in this weather, but I also have not received any alerts or errors (yet). I am hoping that this could be a more isolated issue.

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
mine started working again for 4 days now back to the same failure crap :mad:

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Now i have the frunk icon on at all times on the cluster... Must be for the malfunction because i know its not open.

Last edited:

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes. FORD engineer said water intrusion in the connectors. That said I live in AZ. Rain is rare with the exception of this monsoon season. Lol

Did they say which connector? Do you know which parts they replaced?

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Did they say which connector? Do you know which parts they replaced?
Both struts and the locking mechanism were replaced. I was let to believe that the failure was the connector for both struts.

Sponsored

Citizen0

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Dealership called today. They confirmed moisture intrusion as well and mentioned a strut. I’m picking Sparky up tomorrow until the part comes in.

The dealership did say Ford is taking these problems very seriously and offering a lot of assistance tracking the problems down and resolving them. I don’t think my dealership has ever had so much involvement from corporate before, lol. I expected that with their flagship vehicle, but it’s still reassuring to hear.

I’ll update once the repair is made with what was replaced and again if it reoccurs. Still hoping it’s isolated to specific builds or parts. The Lightning is an incredible truck; easily the best vehicle I’ve ever owned!

Now about those BlueCruise and Phone-as-a-Key updates for 2022 Lightnings… 😜

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealership called today. They confirmed moisture intrusion as well and mentioned a strut. I’m picking Sparky up tomorrow until the part comes in.

The dealership did say Ford is taking these problems very seriously and offering a lot of assistance tracking the problems down and resolving them. I don’t think my dealership has ever had so much involvement from corporate before, lol. I expected that with their flagship vehicle, but it’s still reassuring to hear.

I’ll update once the repair is made with what was replaced and again if it reoccurs. Still hoping it’s isolated to specific builds or parts. The Lightning is an incredible truck; easily the best vehicle I’ve ever owned!

Now about those BlueCruise and Phone-as-a-Key updates for 2022 Lightnings… 😜
My dealer had the same to say about engineers coming all the way from the mother ship. Glad they are taking care of ya too

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Hopefully they fix your issue and implement a permanent solution on the production line.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
My dealer had the same to say about engineers coming all the way from the mother ship. Glad they are taking care of ya too
Can you remind: we’re you also driving in a downpour? At speed?

Between these two instances of apparent “moisture” intrusion at the strut, I’m curious about the preceding conditions

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you remind: we’re you also driving in a downpour? At speed?

Between these two instances of apparent “moisture” intrusion at the strut, I’m curious about the preceding conditions
Personally I had not significant rain in AZ. It started after washing the car a couple times.
Sponsored