• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FYI: Tesla Universal Wall Connector Now Shipping

medmondson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
Preordered one a while back in anticipation of my in production Lightning and just got shipment notification. They never released (as far as I know) a release date more specific than “October” but it looks like they’re upon us.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ceazalio

First Name
Ceazalio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Just curious, has it arrived yet or did you get a date on when it supposed to get to you?

OP
OP

medmondson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
Just curious, has it arrived yet or did you get a date on when it supposed to get to you?
Arrived 10/3, professional installed 10/5. Don’t have my truck yet, so no idea if/how it works.

Sponsored

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Ok, nice. Pre ordered mine from BB on 8/18. Nothing yet

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I installed my Tesla Universal Wall Connector yesterday but the included J1772 adapter does not work.

The LED on the Tesla UWC is green when plugging into a non-Tesla vehicle. The Lightning instrument cluster shows that it is plugged in but "Charging station not detected." I tried with a Bolt and it shows a message saying it cannot charge. It's almost like the J1772 adapter isn't connected to the Tesla UWC.

The Tesla UWC does charge a Tesla and does charge a non-Tesla vehicle when using the Lectron Tesla-to-J1772 adapter.

I've seen a couple of threads on the TeslaMotorClub forums talking about this exact same issue. I submitted a request for support to Tesla through their website, but they do everything they can do limit your ability to get support.

Last edited:
OP
OP

medmondson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
Oh man, that’s really unfortunate. I didn’t get my truck until last week, but it’s worked perfectly in the 2 times I’ve used it so far. Getting between 9-11 kw.
Sponsored