• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
$600, it is typically not eligible for utility discount/rebate
My utility rebated $400 for my Tesla 1772 gen 3.

And as for its reliability, I am only using it at 40A and the printed circuit board gets up over 153F at that load. The garage, where it is mounted, is probably at least 95F while outside is less than 80F. The Amp draw from each leg is not even, one shows about 21.0 and the other about 18.4 (I need to test it at a 48A and 32A loads to compare the heating effect) but over 150F is already scary to me. Although I think I saw someone had a temperature at the PCB over 200F when it started to limit itself. (see: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thr...perature-readings-in-wall-monitor-app.298832/ ) I think about the stress on the materials as they go from ambient temperatures (0F or lower perhaps) to over 150F. I bet at 48A, the PCB will have 26A on one leg, raising temps there higher. Android Tewamo App to monitor the Tesla wall connector:
Ford F-150 Lightning NACS + J1772 Home Charger -- Tesla Universal Wall Connector launched Screenshot_20230804-151259

Saw about 106F at the 60A circuit breaker exposed surface. The black rubber handle temp in the sun I have seen over 120F, so really testing some material capabilities with these chargers.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
My utility rebated $400 for my Tesla 1772 gen 3.
Awesome on both counts. $400 seems to be on the high end based on what most utilities do. And getting a rebate on Tesla EVSE seem unusual.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
getting a rebate on Tesla EVSE seem unusual.
I think any Level 2 charger would qualify:
https://3cenergy.org/rebates/electrify-your-ride-residential/
Ooops, there are some conditions. Click on "Rebates", but also see FYI's at the bottom:
"EV Charger eligibility requirements include:
  1. Level 2 Charger (requires 240-volt power source).
  2. Must be Wi-Fi enabled (“networked”)
  3. Must be purchased new (not refurbished).
  4. Must be certified by Underwriters Laboratory Inc. (“UL Listed”)
To check if your EV Charger is eligible, please visit https://homecharging.electricforall.org/home-chargers-incentives-catalog/. "
Which leads to this, where the "incentives" do not match the rebates listed back at the Electrify your Ride site:
Ford F-150 Lightning NACS + J1772 Home Charger -- Tesla Universal Wall Connector launched 230819 electrify your ride EVSE catalog check if qualifies Screenshot 2023-08-19 095255

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think any Level 2 charger would qualify:
https://3cenergy.org/rebates/electrify-your-ride-residential/
Ooops, there are some conditions. Click on "Rebates", but also see FYI's at the bottom:
"EV Charger eligibility requirements include:
  1. Level 2 Charger (requires 240-volt power source).
  2. Must be Wi-Fi enabled (“networked”)
  3. Must be purchased new (not refurbished).
  4. Must be certified by Underwriters Laboratory Inc. (“UL Listed”)
To check if your EV Charger is eligible, please visit https://homecharging.electricforall.org/home-chargers-incentives-catalog/. "
Which leads to this, where the "incentives" do not match the rebates listed back at the Electrify your Ride site:
230819 electrify your ride EVSE catalog check if qualifies Screenshot 2023-08-19 095255.jpg
The $293 incentive shown here, is applicable to ALL chargers. It's the 30% federal tax credit. I am talking about utility company incentives such as these:
https://marketplace.aps.com/ev-chargers/
https://srpmarketplace.com/electric...gXP5Slq66NizwRiOUuPXRC0dm7IhFN3IaAoRuEALw_wcB

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Tucson Electric requires that the EVSE be connected (so they can throttle it if needed I assume) and only have a couple certified for the rebate. I asked and couldn't get a straight answer if any others will be certified in the future.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can't answer that. You would need to ask the utility companies. Here in Phoenix, the 2 utilities have different list of chargers and different processes. So far no one on this forum has pointed to utility that offers discount or rebate for Tesla chargers.

Sponsored

timtim2008

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT
Occupation
Landscaping
I can't answer that. You would need to ask the utility companies. Here in Phoenix, the 2 utilities have different list of chargers and different processes. So far no one on this forum has pointed to utility that offers discount or rebate for Tesla chargers.
thats odd, ours is the same way, they wont for tesla charger. but they will give the $250 rebate, if you buy a tesla and the charger was included in bill of sale.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
$400 seems to be on the high end based on what most utilities do. And getting a rebate on Tesla EVSE seem unusual.
Michigan power companies (DTE & Consumers) have an $500 incentive on chargers as long as they are Energy Star certified, something which both versions (Tesla plug and J1772) of the Wall Connector gen3 are.
Point is, some may not list the Tesla chargers specifically by name, but they'd still qualify based on the Energy Star (which few chargers are) certification / requirement.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Michigan power companies (DTE & Consumers) have an $500 incentive on chargers as long as they are Energy Star certified, something which both versions (Tesla plug and J1772) of the Wall Connector gen3 are.
Point is, some may not list the Tesla chargers specifically by name, but they'd still qualify based on the Energy Star (which few chargers are) certification / requirement.
Which is really kind of silly since EVSEs don’t consume any appreciable power. They are basically just a smart switch.
My guess is that every EVSE could be Energy Star certified if the manufacturer wanted to spend the money.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Can you limit the charge times through the Tesla EVSE or is it limited to the setting in the car? I believe that is a requirement for Consumers Power.

When I went to apply for the install credit last year, they only had a couple of EVSE's to choose from. I found it better to get the monthly credit and buy the Emporia. It's nice to see they have a better selection to choose from now.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Can you limit the charge times through the Tesla EVSE or is it limited to the setting in the car? I believe that is a requirement for Consumers Power.
Don't know, I ended up getting a Chargepoint (for other reasons).

I have DTE and an interesting thing I'd that they just rolled out a program where they will "pause" your charging during certain/peak times (kind of like the cool currents program they have for ACs).
You can still override the "pause" through the app.
They will do that through FordPass (email came from Ford) and not through the charger.

The chargepoint app has settings for your energy provider and plans so it takes care of scheduling for off peak charging and reports accurate costs as a result.
Sponsored