• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has everyone who bought without a heated steering wheel had theirs put it in now?

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
When I bought my Lariat, I was told that once parts are in, I'll get my steering wheel fitted with the heated steering components. My window sticker has the $70 inconvenience credit shown as a line item for not having the heated steering wheel in.

Well my truck has never received a CSP for the heated steering wheel.

Is that because there's still a parts shortage? How is that? I've had my truck for nearly eight months.

Any input on this?
Sponsored

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Is it not listed as a CSP in your app? I'm getting mine put in right now but it's been available for months. I just had a terrible dealership that claimed they couldn't get the part. Actually, they told me mine wasn't eligible. It is.

I went to a new dealership and had it ordered yesterday and being installed tomorrow.

Bottom line, if you are eligible, it should be showing as a CSP and parts are available.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had my heated steering wheel upgrade completed as part of the customer upgrade program free of charge by ford. Works great. It shows up as a CSP.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
2 months ago, it was a CSP.

Philsford

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Yes, my sticker said "$50 steering wheel - heat removal" but I was offered recall 22G06 "Heated Steering Wheel Performance upgrade" and had it installed last November. Works great!

Sponsored

naps

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
When I bought my Lariat, I was told that once parts are in, I'll get my steering wheel fitted with the heated steering components. My window sticker has the $70 inconvenience credit shown as a line item for not having the heated steering wheel in.

Is that because there's still a parts shortage? How is that? I've had my truck for nearly eight months.

Any input on this?
I took mine in for other recalls and when they looked up my truck they said that the Heated Steering Wheel was an optional recall. I of course said yes. Got it back and it is working great. Icon is on screen. Can include in prestart routine. Definitely has a different texture and feel that took a little getting used too.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Any input on this?
What do you mean by "received a CSP"?

CSPs, Customer Satisfaction Programs, are performed at the dealership when you bring the vehicle in. If you want it, call your dealership and schedule it.

OP
OP

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
In related news, water is wet.
What do you mean by "received a CSP"?

CSPs, Customer Satisfaction Programs, are performed at the dealership when you bring the vehicle in. If you want it, call your dealership and schedule it.

What I mean is that if I look up my VIN on Ford's website, it doesn't show that my truck is pending a heated steering wheel installation. It never has.

My dealer has told me that without Ford Canada's authorization, they can't install the heated steering wheel. I called Ford Canada and they said my VIN will eventually get the CSP for the heated steering wheel, but that call was five months ago.

I've been waiting ever since and my observation is that there is no parts shortage - so what's the delay for? Everyone else seems to be getting their HSWs installed.

Ice No More?

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, F450
Occupation
Aviation Professional
Great news everyone, an adventure that began in Oct, finally ended today. I actually have a heated steering wheel, a new BMS, the batt % s now on my screen, new tailgate light bar and various other software updates. Took a week but everything seems to work.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
HSW and light bar installed yesterday.

Sponsored

Eric22

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning lariat extended range
Nope not yet bought my lightning January 23

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
I got mine installed a week ago. First dealership I took it to in December (for the initial evaluation for all my CSPs and the light bar recall) took about 8 weeks to tell me that they were still waiting on parts and that my Platinum Lightning wasn't eligible for a heated steering wheel.

Needless to say after that long to just be told something I knew was flat wrong was frustrating. I told them as much and that I was taking it somewhere else.

After a while (I just wasn't in that big a hurry), found another dealership on the other side of town with good reviews. Got it scheduled for a week later, took it in, they did a couple things, ordered the parts, they came two days later and they did everything. Great service.

Amazing what a difference it makes when you find a place that knows what it's doing and wants to provide great service.

Eric22

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning lariat extended range
Just had mine installed yesterday only took a year and 4 months 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I never did receive a CSP to install my HSW, despite assurance from my Dealer that it would be retrofitted once parts are available.

Well parts are available, and still no CSP, but my dealer's honouring their word (and the documents they provided me when I bought the truck) and _attempting_ to install the HSW this Friday.

Fingers crossed.

OP
OP

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
UPDATE:

My dealer retrofit my Lariat with a HSW despite never receiving the CSP.

Happy camper!
Sponsored