• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help me pick the best deal

Which truck?

• Truck #1 - Local

• Truck #2 - Travel

Results are only viewable after voting.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
If you can drag it out til Nov 2 or 3 Ford will have new month incentives. They "might" give more love to xlt. There is a huge wave of xlt stock about to hit dealer lots after months of nothing but lariats. Those deals could be regional so might factor in
Unfortunately, incentives are based on the zip code of the purchaser, not the dealer.
Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Unfortunately, incentives are based on the zip code of the purchaser, not the dealer.
And if they come out with a new incentive targeting California XLTs for an additional 3000$ then this guys dilemma becomes easier.

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Do you really want an SR?

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I hope there are better incentives coming, the truck won’t land for another couple weeks.
Ditto, mine is due to be delivered on Friday and I'm currently planning on using the low APR financing available in September when I ordered.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
If you can drag it out til Nov 2 or 3 Ford will have new month incentives. They "might" give more love to xlt. There is a huge wave of xlt stock about to hit dealer lots after months of nothing but lariats. Those deals could be regional so might factor in
Why do you say Nov 2 or 3? Wouldn't new incentives drop on Nov 1? I'm waiting til weds to pickup (purchase) my ordered truck for that reason...

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
They seem slow to distribute incentives. If you ask on 1st ,dealers seem never to know yet

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
Option 1 all the way. Now, for some us in the area, I just about threw away my deposit(s) at my closest dealer to take up that Topeka KS deal. That dealer was actually closer to where my truck is headed anyhow. But a) I wanted a ER b) I had already ordered a Lariat about the time Ford handed out another $7500.

In the end, for what I wanted, the Lariat and the XLT were essentially the same price.

BUT -- for the right person, an SR, especially a Pro, could be a real steal. A new truck for a touch over $40k.

If my dad and brother like the Lariat and there are deals on Pro's I *might* try to talk them into a second one. But I doubt it. As the saying goes, "don't put all your eggs in one basket" -- might just hold out for an electric Dodge or Chevy to diversify risks.....

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Already seeing the XLT prices dropping substantially around here DC metro area to exurbs.

I'd add that if one waits until after Jan 1, 2024, one can collect the $7500 tax credit up front (from a dealer who signs up for the program) and not have to lose any of it at tax prep/filing time in 2025 if your tax liability is less than $7500, so the IRS says so far anyway.

The dealer "...subject to § 30D(g)(4), must be registered with the IRS for purposes of § 30D(g)(2), at such time, and in such form and manner, as the Secretary prescribes...." (from IRS publication 'Transfer of Credit under Sections 30D and 25E from Taxpayer to Eligible Entity and Updated Requirements for Qualified Manufacturers and Sellers').

And...if one were to lease....even better:

"...For buyers who are extra sneaky, there is a loophole of sorts baked into the credit.
Namely, if someone were to lease an EV, they could have the credit built into their lease payments. This works on all EVs, regardless of
manufacturing location. Then, if they agree to buy out the vehicle at the lease’s end for under $25,000, that individual can obtain the
$4,000 used EV credit on that purchase. The lucky buyer could effectively get $11,500 in tax credits for that purchase..."

From Inside EVs at: https://insideevs.com/news/690140/ev-tax-credit-guidance-update/

The Jan 1, 2024 tax changes may part of why the prices of 2023's are falling fast?
Sponsored