• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help Me Spec my Pro SR Canada

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Highlander, Mazda miata
My Canadian dealer can now retail order me an SR Pro, base price $59,900 Cdn ($45k USD). It qualifies for a $10k govt incentive where I live (5k federal 5k provincial). That now seems a smokin’ deal to me. So despite worries about short range, it isn’t worth the effective $25k jump to ER. I’d been thinking XLT but that it $10k more than Pro.

I think I’d go with the red exterior. Here’s what I want to add, can you recommend specific products and help me spec this out the way YOU would if it were your money:

1) bed step of some kind as I won’t have the XLT one in the tailgate
2) spray in bed liner- get Ford one or aftermarket
3) tonneau cover: something cheaper but durable and able to fold or roll out of the way
4) leather steering wheel cover. Hate the plastic pro wheel. Has anyone figured out to get a heated wheel going on a Pro? Are there wheel covers that are heatable that aren’t crap? I will miss a heated wheel that XLT has.
5) some equivalent cheaper or better version of the Ford mobile power cord which seems very expensive at $650

Is there anything else I really need to make this a family vehicle for commuting and weekend cottage runs. I don’t need 9.6 Pro power, and think I’ll pass on Tow tech (although 360 camera would be nice)

Thanks folks
Sponsored

OP
OP

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh, and running boards.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
whoa whoa whoa... when were pro's made available in Canada?

OP
OP

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Apparently just in the last couple of weeks. Not visible on the Ford web site but dealers can apparently now do a factory order for a retail customer. I saw a couple of dealerships in Ontario (Barrie Ford, Ed Learn Ford) that have ads out now for the Pro. Waiting to find out whether a Pro ER is orderable, just for comparison, but not eligible for the iZev rebates.

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I swapped the steering wheel on my Pro to the lariat one and it's much nicer. I haven't gotten the heated steering wheel working yet (haven't bothered looking again since it's summer) but I've heard from some people on the forum that people have gotten it to work with a pro. I'm going to double check my wiring as maybe I messed something up.

RST

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 35d, VW ID.4, '23' Lightning Pro, & 4 Bikes
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like my truck. A 23 Pro, at 22 pricing....only options were red paint, spray in bed liner, and the over priced portable charger. Have added a trifold tonneau, running boards, splash guards, rubber bed mat, window visors, and a grill screen. Don't think I want or need anything else....really enjoy this vehicle.

Ford F-150 Lightning Help Me Spec my Pro SR Canada 2023-Pro-2

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
Only recently, you can spec one at your dealer only. I just looked at Ford.ca and the Pro is not on there yet.

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
My Canadian dealer can now retail order me an SR Pro, base price $59,900 Cdn ($45k USD). It qualifies for a $10k govt incentive where I live (5k federal 5k provincial). That now seems a smokin’ deal to me. So despite worries about short range, it isn’t worth the effective $25k jump to ER. I’d been thinking XLT but that it $10k more than Pro.

I think I’d go with the red exterior. Here’s what I want to add, can you recommend specific products and help me spec this out the way YOU would if it were your money:

1) bed step of some kind as I won’t have the XLT one in the tailgate
2) spray in bed liner- get Ford one or aftermarket
3) tonneau cover: something cheaper but durable and able to fold or roll out of the way
4) leather steering wheel cover. Hate the plastic pro wheel. Has anyone figured out to get a heated wheel going on a Pro? Are there wheel covers that are heatable that aren’t crap? I will miss a heated wheel that XLT has.
5) some equivalent cheaper or better version of the Ford mobile power cord which seems very expensive at $650

Is there anything else I really need to make this a family vehicle for commuting and weekend cottage runs. I don’t need 9.6 Pro power, and think I’ll pass on Tow tech (although 360 camera would be nice)

Thanks folks
I highly recommend going with Line-X for a spray in bed liner. It carries a lifetime warranty, so it's worth the peace of mind.

Tonneau cover wise I recommend the BAK Revolver X4s (80339). It's not the cheapest, but I think it's a great overall value and has the features you want plus the top is reinforced so it's more secure.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing

1) bed step of some kind as I won’t have the XLT one in the tailgate ................
Doesn't Ford offer the tailgate step option for Pro's in Canada? It does in the US.