• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro

A lot of people were asking about the GVWR and Payload capacities on the SR Pro since it's effectively the lightest lightning (say that 10 times fast) available. I just posted a clip but the punch line is that this thing can haul!

GVWR: 8,250 LBS
Front GAWR: 3,770
Rear GAWR: 4,900

Total Payload Capacity is 2,137 on my sticker.

The SR Pro without the Max Tow package is only rated to 5,000 Lbs towing though, but I wasn't too concerned with that since the SR battery really limits its practicality anyway. For those who care, the max tow package extends it to 7,700 I believe on the SR.

Mine has the standard 18" wheels which helps keep weight down too.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Mike, one thing I'd like to compare is the 'stock' All Terrain Michelin Primacy tires that come with the PRO, versus a 'touring' or 'all season' tire... it seems like the range will be inhibited by the a/t tires, and not sure why Ford did not have an option, like on the other trims.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Mike, one thing I'd like to compare is the 'stock' All Terrain Michelin Primacy tires that come with the PRO, versus a 'touring' or 'all season' tire... it seems like the range will be inhibited by the a/t tires, and not sure why Ford did not have an option, like on the other trims.
I’m getting at least 2.4 kWh on my trips pretty easily. It doesn’t seem like tires have a huge impact. I think the fact it’s shaped like a brick in the wind has more impact (versus something like a tesla). The rolling resistance is outweighed by the negative aero impact

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
great, that would put it in the 235 mile range with the stock a/t tires - and if touring or all season tires made a difference of only 2 additional miles, I'd not worry about it - if 20 miles, that might be a different story : )
(this is something that would be difficult to compare unless you either own a tire shop, or have the luxury of having another set of tires AND identical wheels, and can switch them in a quick timeframe and make a comparison run in an almost identical time and weather environment... OR have two PROs, with two different sets of tires, running the same route at the same time at the same speed....maybe one of the youtubers can make this happen)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
great, that would put it in the 235 mile range with the stock a/t tires - and if touring or all season tires made a difference of only 2 additional miles, I'd not worry about it - if 20 miles, that might be a different story : )
(this is something that would be difficult to compare unless you either own a tire shop, or have the luxury of having another set of tires AND identical wheels, and can switch them in a quick timeframe and make a comparison run in an almost identical time and weather environment... OR have two PROs, with two different sets of tires, running the same route at the same time at the same speed....maybe one of the youtubers can make this happen)
For what it’s worth it’s popped as high as 2.8 on certain stretches. 2.0 on others (more often). But 2.3 or 2.4 feels pretty achievable (particularly on routes you know you need to feather the pedal - if I want to make it to the coast for instance)

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
and, you're right on the load and towing capacity difference between the trims - although the truck is EXACTLY the same truck, no matter which 'badge' they put on the charge port door - they all are built to be CAPABLE of 10,000lbs of towing, but the SR Battery pack is the difference, plus the additional COOLING of the battery pack, which is what the Max Tow package brings ... otherwise there is no difference in the trims. The battery size and cooling is the key.

You can see why the PRO actually has the highest weight carrying GVWR, versus the other trims - the truck is already LIGHTER than the rest, and since the trucks are all built exactly the same, from the ground up, the only difference is the other 'weights' that are added to the vehicle - such as the ER battery, or heavier seats, heavier tires, panoramic sunroof, technology, etc.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
and, you're right on the load and towing capacity difference between the trims - although the truck is EXACTLY the same truck, no matter which 'badge' they put on the charge port door - they all are built to be CAPABLE of 10,000lbs of towing, but the SR Battery pack is the difference, plus the additional COOLING of the battery pack, which is what the Max Tow package brings ... otherwise there is no difference in the trims. The battery size and cooling is the key.

You can see why the PRO actually has the highest weight carrying GVWR, versus the other trims - the truck is already LIGHTER than the rest, and since the trucks are all built exactly the same, from the ground up, the only difference is the other 'weights' that are added to the vehicle - such as the ER battery, or heavier seats, heavier tires, panoramic sunroof, technology, etc.
I’m curious how much “slower” the SR pro is than a loaded platinum. There has to be hundreds of pounds of difference with the battery, options and big wheels. The HP difference might be negated

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
Mike, I hope that's Iced Blue Silver on your PRO, looks great, and can't wait for mine to run thru the line just this Friday - then a long wait on 'shipping' to Georgia - got some great testing and camping trips to do... : )

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Mike, I hope that's Iced Blue Silver on your PRO, looks great, and can't wait for mine to run thru the line just this Friday - then a long wait on 'shipping' to Georgia - got some great testing and camping trips to do... : )
It is indeed IBS! Haha

Sponsored

piratefan2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT-ER, 24 Silverado, 06 Silverado
My Pro Sr with no options:

GVWR: 8,250 LB
Front GAWR: 3,770 LB