• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

home charger options: ChargePoint home flex electric vs ford charge station pro

falert3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 F-350
i am new soon to be owner and hopefully i can take delivery next week. It is my first ev and i am kind of clueless on where to start.
some friend recommend the ChargePoint Home flex electric car charger, but I want to ask existing lightning owner which charger they have at home for their lightning. the Ford said 80 to 100amp and require 100 A circuit, and it is a lot more expensive, i want to know if it is worth the money.

thank you
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
i am new soon to be owner and hopefully i can take delivery next week. It is my first ev and i am kind of clueless on where to start.
some friend recommend the ChargePoint Home flex electric car charger, but I want to ask existing lightning owner which charger they have at home for their lightning. the Ford said 80 to 100amp and require 100 A circuit, and it is a lot more expensive, i want to know if it is worth the money.

thank you
I have both the FCSP and an Empria charger installed. If my truck hadn't of come with the FCSP I would have bought a second Emporia. Great charger, good info on the app and the price can't be beat unless you get an incentive through your electrical provider on another brand.

Unless you need to recover a full battery very quickly the FCSP might be overkill. I have a 6 hour window to charge in my TOU plan and a 100 mile commute. I have my FCSP derated to about 54 amps and have plenty of time to get back to 90% every night.

Ford F-150 Lightning home charger options:  ChargePoint home flex electric vs ford charge station pro 20221212_195730

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST

thank you

If you ordered the extended range battery, the Ford 80 amp charger comes with it.

kyriotate

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
I was lucky and got one with my 22 and will say I love the speed it charges. Ultimately this is about your specific use case though. If you can charge overnight where you are the 80A is more than you need. If you have time sensitivity for charging, have to share the charger, or maybe have concerns about future EVS then I would go with the 80amp.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I have a ChargePoint Home Flex and it does a great job for my SR Lariat. It was A LOT cheaper and easier for me to add a 50A circuit (to run my ChargePoint at 40A) than it would have been to install a 100A circuit for the FCSP (which I didn't get anyway with the SR Lariat).

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
I have a Chargepoint CPH50 on a 60 amp circuit (hard wired; some jurisdictions require a disconnect near the charger) delivering 48 amps to the truck. Plenty of charging speed for my purposes. It is not the most robust unit out there, but seems to be tough enough. At work I have a ClipperCreek HCS-80, which is more robust, faster (but not quite as fast as the Ford Charge Station Pro) and almost twice as expensive as the Chargepoint (although the pricing is closer now). It is mounted outside in an industrial setting, so robust is important.

The Chargepoint has a nice app and talks to my utility (which provides a discounted rate and a deeper discount for off-peak charging). The ClipperCreek unit has no connectivity; just a key switch to prevent unauthorized use. Both are very good units and can charge the truck overnight.

I don't have any experience with the Ford charger - it didn't arrive until I had the truck for over a month, and the other two chargers were already installed. Sold it without ever even opening the box.
Sponsored