• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many here got too comfortable at first with all the traction of all-the-time 4 Wheel Drive in your Lightning?

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Now that it's winter time, I had to ask this question because 4WD is so cool to have. I remember my first time owning a 4WD truck, I was amazed at how much easier it was to navigate through snow and slippery pavement. I also quickly realized that taking off on slippery pavement was easy... stopping is sometimes NOT so easy.

In my ICE F-150, I'm in 2WD and when I need traction, I'll switch to 4WD. With the Lightning being always 4WD, it seems that one could easily take off and not realize that it's more slippery than you thought.

How many of you have come close to hitting something because you got too cocky because of all of the traction you have when taking off in the winter? I'm always amazed when heavy snowfall comes down here in North East Ohio, you'll usually see a few auto that have spun off of the highway and into the median and its usually a 4WD vehicle because idiots think that their trucks are invincible lol.
Sponsored

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
We moved to Minneapolis on 12/15. Since then we have had 18 “ of snow. I have managed to not hit anyone a couple of times. One petal driving plus brakes. When anti slip kicks in with one petal drive you know it is slippery. When it is that slippery the axle lock helps.

just loving my Lightning.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
With such a mild wet winter, I have yet to experience it, this is my first time with AWD, never had a 4x4 either. My wife has an AWD Benz, but she drives it 99.95% of the time.

Maximum Effort

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Self employed
I understand your question but with the OEM tires it doesn’t feel like an all wheel drive. If you drive it in the snow it will be very easy to loose control. In the snow and rain, the tires on the Lightning are the worst tires I have ever had on any truck. I am not sure how they can even call them all terrains.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I had the stock all-seasons through a few storms and a blizzard so far and they did surprisingly well, the traction control barely really engaged, and I never felt like I was in danger of getting stuck, despite watching other trucks spin tires an have to get ramming speed to go through snow. I could just creep around in control at any speed.

I did get my Blizzaks installed now though.
Sponsored