• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many miles?

OP
OP

Alohaalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Unemployed
You're going to miss your Tesla when you fast charge. This is the best I've ever done. This was on a 350kW EA station. It's about the same time going 20% to 80%. Add another 5 minutes or so on a 150Kw station. And this is if they are dispensing perfectly, which sadly as of late, is pretty rare in my experience.

Screenshot_20230808_221141_FordPass.jpg

With home charging, the fastest you can charge is at 48 amps, so 11.5kWh. Your battery is 98kWh, so about 8.5 to 9 hours from 0 to 100%.
Question the Tesla came with a charging cord, my wife Mach e came also with one, I was told that now I will need to buy one because new cars are not coming with….they also sell a charging wall station (the Tesla is only $500) does it make a difference to charge your truck with the stand cord compared with the wall charging station? Is it worthy to spend the extra money or not?
fyi the Tesla wall charging station will allow people to truly charge at 50amp because with the cord I only can charge up to 32amps I decided not to purchase the wall charging station because my car came with a charger but now that the Ford does I will need to make a decision and I wonder if they work or not. Thanks
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Question the Tesla came with a charging cord, my wife Mach e came also with one, I was told that now I will need to buy one because new cars are not coming with….they also sell a charging wall station (the Tesla is only $500) does it make a difference to charge your truck with the stand cord compared with the wall charging station? Is it worthy to spend the extra money or not?
fyi the Tesla wall charging station will allow people to truly charge at 50amp because with the cord I only can charge up to 32amps I decided not to purchase the wall charging station because my car came with a charger but now that the Ford does I will need to make a decision and I wonder if they work or not. Thanks
Many reports herein regarding problems with the Ford Mobile Charger (charging cord), especially when the ambient temperature is high. I think the current generation Wall Connector is 48A, not 50, but close enough.

If you‘re buying an extended range model, it comes with the Charge Station Pro, the Mobile Charger is an option on all trims.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
A good quality wall charger is heads and shoulders better than the mobile charging cord.

Specifically one that has at least 48Amp charging.

I have the FPCS and have it running at 80AMP on a 100AMP breaker. I have a charging schedule setup between 11pm and 6am. Charging from 30% to 90% only takes about 3:30-4:00hrs.

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Hi everyone i have two questions 1) How many miles per kilowatt a Lightning does without a trailer driving around 80 miles per hour?
2) what you don’t like about your Lightning and why?
Thanks
In Phx where it's stupid hot right now, I avg. 1.7 at higher speeds but if I drive city roads at slower speeds I get approx. 2.4. Not bad. I have the Lariat ER. Good luck.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
In Phx where it's stupid hot right now, I avg. 1.7 at higher speeds but if I drive city roads at slower speeds I get approx. 2.4. Not bad. I have the Lariat ER. Good luck.
Yep, even with max A/C I can get 2.4-2.5 which I'm perfectly content with.
Sponsored