• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to change the driver's dash "My View"

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Iced White, 2023 Lightning Platinum
I'm trying to figure out how to customize the driver dashboard in my lightning. I am somewhat afraid to mess without some knowledge because I can screw things up better than most people.

I may be the only person in the world to break a VCR trying to get the 12:00 time from flashing. LOL

And if anyone has a customization that they are happy with, please post a picture.

Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the info. I like the MME dash with an exact percentage of battery remaining. The scroll on the lightning is nice but a percent of remaining battery would make sense.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Thanks for the info. I like the MME dash with an exact percentage of battery remaining. The scroll on the lightning is nice but a percent of remaining battery would make sense.
If your truck gauge doesn't look like this, it will when it gets the OTA update. Then you'll always have the battery percentage displayed.

Ford F-150 Lightning How to change the driver's dash "My View" PXL_20230713_124640945

OP
OP

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you so much Pioneer74. It is very considerate of you to get a picture.

I just checked and I don't have the percentage yet, but the truck is one-day off the carrier so I'm sure it will get a bunch of OTA updates.

I've only had the truck for a few hours now. A bit different than the MME.

Sponsored

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
I'm curious about why there's an almost obsession with needing to see the SOC as a percentage on an ongoing basis in an EV. I've noticed it in various discussions and reviews over the past year or two.

Not trying to be argumentative, just honestly curious.

I've never heard anyone complain about an ICE vehicle because the dash didn't show the gas tank's percent full. A visual gauge always sufficed, and EVs can display that more accurately than ICE vehicles ever did.

Even with my last three ICE vehicles, I found the guess-o-meter's DTE value more useful. I still find it so with my Focus Electric where it's limited range is way more of an issue than it is with my wife's SR Lightning. I find seeing percent is only concern when stopping at a fast charger.

Last edited:

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
I just like having more actual numbers of conditions important to the truck. I really like the Rivian latest update that provides digital readout of temperatures of motors, battery, etc. The more info that I can access easily, the better.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I'm curious about why there's an almost obsession with needing to see the SOC as a percentage on an ongoing basis in an EV. I've noticed it in various discussions and reviews over the past year or two.

I've never heard anyone complain about an ICE vehicle because the dash didn't show the gas tank's percent full. A visual gauge always sufficed, and EVs can display that more accurately than ICE vehicles ever did.

Even with my last three ICE vehicles, I found the guess-o-meter's DTE value more useful. I still find it so with my Focus Electric where it's limited range is way More of an issue than it is with my wife's SR Lightning. I find seeing percent is only concern when stopping at a fast charger.
For me it boils down to knowing how much I have in the “tank” and at what rate it is declining. I only care about it when I’m on long trips because it helps me gauge my burn rate and whether I’m on track according to my trip plan or have to improvise and stop sooner. It helps with the range anxiety since it’s not like an ICE where every exit can get me fuel should I need it.

OP
OP

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Even with my last three ICE vehicles, I found the guess-o-meter's DTE value more useful. I still find it so with my Focus Electric where it's limited range is way More of an issue than it is with my wife's SR Lightning. I find seeing percent is only concern when stopping at a fast charger.
I travel where there are few charging stations. I like to monitor battery usage when the unexpected happens, like accidents blocking the road for an extended period of time. Happened in my MME last year and the quantitative vs the qualitative battery level was good information for me.

I can understand that if you don't care and that's wonderful for you, but I do care and that is best for me.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Simply switch to CALM mode and you'll see it, pending the update.

Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
You can't customize the dash. You can only pick the screens for My View to scroll through.
Screen clip from Owner's Manual on how to select scroll screens for My View ...

Ford F-150 Lightning How to change the driver's dash "My View" Instrument Cluster Display

Ecstatic

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘03 Highlander, ‘83 Landcruiser, ‘22 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Temporarily retired
On road trips, with the known remaining percentage and miles to the next charger I can determine whether or not I need to decrease my speed.

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
To each his/her own.

Five years of driving an FFE and its huge 100 mile range, including road trips that, until the last two years, had charging locations nearly that far apart, was done with only seeing a battery gauge and GOM reading.

Though, to be fair, the FFE's nav system can display a "surplus" distance value calculated from the GOM that gives a pretty good indication of whether or not you have to change your plans.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
just checked and I don't have the percentage yet, but the truck is one-day off the carrier
Mine came off the carrier in January and that percentage update hasn't hit my group yet. Don't hold your breath on any software related updates, they might just never come, Like bluecruise 1.2

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

Even with my last three ICE vehicles, I found the guess-o-meter's DTE value more useful. I still find it so with my Focus Electric where it's limited range is way more of an issue than it is with my wife's SR Lightning. I find seeing percent is only concern when stopping at a fast charger.
It’s the equivalent of a fuel gauge. I monitor it and the MPK to know how far I can go and when to charge. 3 miles per %…easy peasy. I gave up on the GOM after 6 months of driving my Mach-E. That was 2 years ago.

To your point, the graphic representation was fine, but the actual number is more precise. It would be nice in an ICE also, but probably inaccurate due to the irregular shapes of fuel tanks. That inaccuracy is easily hidden in an analog gauge.
Sponsored