• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I got a ticket because the charge port is in the front and I parked head-in.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Already took steps. Instead of a local politician, I sent an email to the local newspaper. They're always looking for stories like this. If anyone can get this changed, it's them. They've got a better Rolodex than me.
Bravo!

I hate when people complain but refuse to try to change things. We have a lot of potholes here. There's an app where you can report them, and the appropriate agency (location dependent) gets notified. I do it regularly, and most of the time they are fixed quickly.
Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Have you tried backing in ? Here is a photo of one of those FLO chargers on Staten Island with Con-Ed’s lightning and it looks like that cord is super long

Ford F-150 Lightning I got a ticket because the charge port is in the front and I parked head-in. 70FEA5E8-A716-44C5-97E0-868B009DE9ED

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Vinyl placard placed on drivers side dash!!

--------------------------------------------
T
his Electric Vehicles charge

port is here ---------->>>>>>

I hate narrow minded bureaucrats

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

T

Or go the CON-ED route and put” electric power” in all caps, in italics , in green and use the impact font for maximum effect

Ford F-150 Lightning I got a ticket because the charge port is in the front and I parked head-in. 40B9AEB0-81AA-4CE8-8A93-544ABF7DFB6D

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Have you tried backing in ? Here is a photo of one of those FLO chargers on Staten Island with Con-Ed’s lightning and it looks like that cord is super long

70FEA5E8-A716-44C5-97E0-868B009DE9ED.jpeg
Ugh... that's the EXACT spot I was parked in.

Meanwhile there was a car parked in the spot she's connected to. I used the plug on the other side. Using the one on my side, I would also have to extend it OVER the truck and cross over my own door.

They should just remove that restriction.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Meanwhile there was a car parked in the spot she's connected to. I used the plug on the other side. Using the one on my side, I would also have to extend it OVER the truck and cross over my own door.

It’s really stupid. I’m the kind of person that hates backing in too spaces because it takes a few seconds longer and judges all the people that slowly back in to spots at CostCo so “leaving is easier “ .. what does the No permit thing refer to on the ticket ? I’m guessing like a “cop” or “fd” or “media” permit where you can park anywhere you want in the city there is no “permit” to use the chargers right ?

Edited to add : For anyone else that has never been to New York City , there is insane amount of strange parking laws in NYC that you could never understand if you were visiting . Like alternate side of the street parking. But only on certain days , or commercially restricted parking unless you feed an electronic meter located two blocks away. Even EV laws are weird .. where I live on Long Island I can get a sticker to use the HOV lane , but that same sticker issued by the state is not valid where Ideaoftheday lives yet I always assumed it was until he told me .. you need a manual with your drivers license.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
This Electric Vehicles charge

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Perfect photo to include with your complaint.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

T

Says the retired Government Civil Servant... lol.

Its all more annoying when you see it from the inside... :)

Nathan

Sponsored
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
It’s really stupid. I’m the kind of person that hates backing in too spaces because it takes a few seconds longer and judges all the people that slowly back in to spots at CostCo so “leaving is easier “ .. what does the No permit thing refer to on the ticket ? I’m guessing like a “cop” or “fd” or “media” permit where you can park anywhere you want in the city there is no “permit” to use the chargers right ?

Edited to add : For anyone else that has never been to New York City , there is insane amount of strange parking laws in NYC that you could never understand if you were visiting . Like alternate side of the street parking. But only on certain days , or commercially restricted parking unless you feed an electronic meter located two blocks away. Even EV laws are weird .. where I live on Long Island I can get a sticker to use the HOV lane , but that same sticker issued by the state is not valid where Ideaoftheday lives yet I always assumed it was until he told me .. you need a manual with your drivers license.
I don't mind backing up, but since the charger on the driver's side was in use by another car, if I pulled in backwards, and used the charger on the passenger side, I'd have to cross over the bed and block both doors. It was dark and rainy and the simplest solution is for them to eliminate the restriction and let people use the front for cars with a charge port in the front and the rear for people with ports in the back.

NYC traffic rules are crazy indeed. Among other things, sometimes a sign says something like Metered Parking M-F 10am to 4pm, and you park there at 5pm you assume that means you don't need to put money in the meter. What it really means is that whether you feed the meter or not, they will tow you after 4pm.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Perfect photo to include with your complaint.
I don't know if that will help or hurt my case because I'd also have to explain that I couldn't use the charger on the driver's side because it was in use by another car, and that if I used the one on the passenger side, I'd need to pull the cable over the bed and block the doors.

What a crazy mess. Isn't it fun being an early adopter and finding out all these little things that need to be changed?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
NYC traffic rules are crazy indeed. Among other things, sometimes a sign says something like Metered Parking M-F 10am to 4pm, and you park there at 5pm you assume that means you don't need to put money in the meter. What it really means is that whether you feed the meter or not, they will tow you after 4pm.
Washington DC is the same way. I once parked in a spot that had one sign saying "1hr parking only M-F 9-3p." Totally oblivious me thought that meant there was NO time limit at 3:15p.

Come out at 4:30p to a parking in a "no parking zone" $200 ticket with a tow away.(which would have cost another $200). I was lucky in that I got there between the time the ticket was issued and tow truck arrival. Come to find out the sign meant you could only park there b/t 9-3 AND also there was a limit. At other times it was a NO parking(tow away) zone, but no specific sign stating so. (I guess it was inferred).

Lesson learned..if you park in downtown DC be very careful as they have different rules for "rush" vs "non rush".

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
If I were appealing the ticket I'd include a screen shot of the charge log to prove that I was charging and that I wasn't safely able to park backed in and use the charger like intended. If the ticket timestamp and charge log overlap and you mention where charge port is located then I think you have a reasonable argument. Best of luck.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
If I were appealing the ticket I'd include a screen shot of the charge log to prove that I was charging and that I wasn't safely able to park backed in and use the charger like intended. If the ticket timestamp and charge log overlap and you mention where charge port is located then I think you have a reasonable argument. Best of luck.
I'm not sure if they'll give me a second chance to submit evidence, but that would be a good way to prove I was charging.

What I don't know is if they're going to enforce the back-in rule regardless of whether I was charging at all. They should suspend the rule for EV charging so people can use the charger that's closest to their own vehicle. This avoids people using the charger that's next to an adjoining space or pulling it over their vehicle.
Sponsored