• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ICED BLUE SILVER F-150 Lightning Photos & Club

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
I've got an Iced Blue Silver Lariat with build week of 6/6. I am REALLY struggling with the color choice, trying to decide between keeping Iced Blue Silver or switching to Smoked Quartz.

(Even though I have a build week already, I should still be able to switch colors. I was able to do that last fall with my Bronco. Yes, I know my dealer must hate me.)
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
it's ICED BLUE SILVER METALLIC, and when you put it side-by-side with the Iconic Silver, you realize the Iconic is quite 'dark' compared to the ICED.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
What packages is the "Available Extended Running Board with LED Lighting" on the updated page included in (first I have seen this)?

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I've got an Iced Blue Silver Lariat with build week of 6/6. I am REALLY struggling with the color choice,

Same date, and kind of want to change.

But I asked my dealer like a month ago, and they said once i got a build date, I cannot change. Seems dependent on dealer as I know others who changed theirs.

I decided on iced blue for a light color to cut down on heat and so it didn't look like a standard work truck. Plus after having a white car, I got annoyed about how dirty it always looked.

I don't mind iced blue when I see f150 pictures, but whenever I see it on a mache it looks horrible, so its messing with my mind :)

I'd probably go white or carbonized gray if I could change.

But the latest pic that Rick took in this thread looks good, so I think I'm content.

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
Same date, and kind of want to change.

But I asked my dealer like a month ago, and they said once i got a build date, I cannot change. Seems dependent on dealer as I know others who changed theirs.

I decided on iced blue for a light color to cut down on heat and so it didn't look like a standard work truck. Plus after having a white car, I got annoyed about how dirty it always looked.

I don't mind iced blue when I see f150 pictures, but whenever I see it on a mache it looks horrible, so its messing with my mind :)

I'd probably go white or carbonized gray if I could change.

But the latest pic that Rick took in this thread looks good, so I think I'm content.
I did end up switching to Smoked Quartz. I didn’t get any push back from my dealer, but probably because they learned last year they could still switch the color at this juncture when I asked them to do the same on my Bronco order. Lol. I’m sure they hate me. So indecisive, but I’m happy I switched and won’t bother them again until it gets here.

Re: your point about color and heat, I had the opposite thought that a darker color might be negligibly better in the winter, when efficiency suffers most heating up the vehicle interior and battery. Figured the darker color will absorb the exterior heat better. Again, probably .001% better, very negligible I’m sure.

If I could have seen Iced Blue Silver in person on an F-150, maybe I could have stuck with it. I actually preferred it on the Mach E in the pics I saw.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Lol. I’m sure they hate me
I'm trying to be nice and not get all "can I speak to your manager" on them :)

your point about color and heat, I had the opposite thought that a darker color
Yah, if I lived in a cold climate, I'd go darker for any solar heat gains. In Sacramento, the average winter temp is like 60 , so it doesn't get cold :), but it's the Sunniest city on earth during the summer.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
The more pics I see of IBS, the more I like it. Hope it looks good after driving 2 miles up and down a gravel road. I opted for the lighter color to hide some of the dust dirt from the road. Brown van and dark gray Volt look like crap quickly.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
finally, an official ford photo that is an accurate reflection. for those that haven't seen in person, it will probably look like this more often than not.
Yup, one of the closest to reality I have seen

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I'm hoping to see one of these in ICED BLUE SILVER at the San Antonio Ford DRIVE event this Friday - I'll certainly send back some photos and videos, with videos being a better capture of the true color that our eyes will 'see' as we move, or the truck moves, or the sun, or with clouds, etc...

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
I'm hoping to see one of these in ICED BLUE SILVER at the San Antonio Ford DRIVE event this Friday - I'll certainly send back some photos and videos, with videos being a better capture of the true color that our eyes will 'see' as we move, or the truck moves, or the sun, or with clouds, etc...
Congrats on being invited. Looking forward to seeing pics and video from the event!

BTW, in the excellent 360 degree video that IdeaOfTheDayCom posted at around the 19:37 mark you can scroll around the video and catch a glimpse of a Platinum in Iced Blue Silver, and then a few seconds later an Iconic Silver for comparison.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...50-lightning-factory-tour-launch-event.10248/

kenfaber62

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford f150 STX
Occupation
retired
The more pics I see of IBS, the more I like it. Hope it looks good after driving 2 miles up and down a gravel road. I opted for the lighter color to hide some of the dust dirt from the road. Brown van and dark gray Volt look like crap quickly.
Yep, I hope what I see in these photos is what I get when my truck arrives. But honestly my color choice is the most doubted decision I have made regarding my Lightning order.
Sponsored