• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

edsasso

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 bronco, 2022 expedition, 2023 lightning
Occupation
HVAC

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I was contacted by Eibach for R&D on the Lightning. As of now they will be working on a lowering kit, Stage 1 leveling kit and Stage 2 lift.

I will post updates here as they come. They will have the truck in their possession for about a week.

Let me know your thoughts on what needs to be addressed so I can pass it along. I know one the main ones is the BOUNCE after some dips at speed.

26 Sep Dropped Off for R&D

82576B4D-16F8-4003-9208-9AA40558A5E1.jpeg
Thanks to you @F150ROD - my Mach E was an Eibach test fit case for lift springs last month.

Lifted 2" and love it - even with stock shocks, the lifted springs really help in ride comfort.

Plus I got the anti roll sway bars (front and rear) which really helps in cornering and high speed driving confidence.

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input IMG_1445.JPG

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Eibach's latest announcement for Lightning - Stage 1 Performance Lift system:

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 2.12.59 PM

In addition to lift, they have the lowering springs (Pro Kit).

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input Screen Shot 2024-01-12 at 2.17.13 PM

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Worth the Upgrade!

The shocks will also work if you decide to lower.

sternomac

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
So is the verdict here still that you need the Icon camber kit if you go with one of these Eibach lift/level/lower products?

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So is the verdict here still that you need the Icon camber kit if you go with one of these Eibach lift/level/lower products?
Level and lift you should be able to align back to stock specs. Lowering not so much.

sternomac

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Thanks! What a bummer though. I really just want to lower the rear and still have it feel real nice.

Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks! What a bummer though. I really just want to lower the rear and still have it feel real nice.
Belltech 25001. I did a whole write up on it. Works and looks great

sternomac

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Belltech 25001. I did a whole write up on it. Works and looks great
Yes I've read all about it. My only worry there is that the ride quality will suffer. I put spacers on my front to raise my ICE (cheaper than going the full monty) and it really affected the ride negatively. I know you said it makes it more responsive but I'm loving the Cadillac feeling of the suspension stock.

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I've read all about it. My only worry there is that the ride quality will suffer. I put spacers on my front to raise my ICE (cheaper than going the full monty) and it really affected the ride negatively. I know you said it makes it more responsive but I'm loving the Cadillac feeling of the suspension stock.
Dropping it one inch in the rear doesn't affect the ride, just takes the slop out of it.
Not only does it look much better but it's the equivalent of riding with a couple hundred pounds in the back, always smoother in a truck.

Last edited:

Neverstrikestwice

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning platinum
Haven’t seen this answered but is it possible to go back to stock ride after doing the icon camber mod? Of course the cutout will still be there but can the truck ‘effectively’ be returned to stock ride?

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Haven’t seen this answered but is it possible to go back to stock ride after doing the icon camber mod? Of course the cutout will still be there but can the truck ‘effectively’ be returned to stock ride?
Of course. The camber kit range of operation completely includes the stock pin setting. Instead an unadjustable hole from the factory, the camber kit allows sliding up and down. The factory hole is about midway on the range of the sliding bolt. If you go back stock, just get it aligned. They bolt it tight, and it stays in place.
Sponsored

Last edited: