• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I'm torn... what do I do?

kensiko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER 2022
I will likely get my F-150 standard range Lariat this winter. But I could get used extended range XLT for a lower price. 2022 model still has all the bells and whistles whereas the 2023 miss some features. I would really like to heated steering wheel. I don't care for XLT for Lariat, I originally wanted the XLT but can't order it.

What do I do ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
If your Lariat order doesn’t get delivered before the end of March, you risk losing half the tax credit, depending on what the new IRS battery content rules look like.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
If your Lariat order doesn’t get delivered before the end of March, you risk losing half the tax credit, depending on what the new IRS battery content rules look like.
He is in Canada.

Sounds like you need to buy the used truck.

fubar79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT ER
The '22 XLT ER should have a heated steering wheel, mine does.

I have a '22 XLT ER, I would not trade it for a Lariat SR.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
If you are in Canada, I'd just say buy the extended range used if you drive distances often. I'm in New York and the cold weather range loss is real.
Very true - the cold range loss is very real anywhere those temps drop below 20. Even in TX at Christmas we dropped to 10 degrees and efficiency dropped to 1.3 mi/kW. That made max range on an ER 170 miles.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I would vote XLT ER over a more expensive Lariat SR.

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
I would buy the ER XLT as more range in winter is worth having. Note that the extended range motors also produce more horse power (580 hp vs 452 hp) and most likely have beefier internals that will help you if you plan on towing a trailer. Other features on the extended range are dual onboard chargers which will allow you to charge the battery faster at a DC fast charger and all extended range trucks come with the 80 amp ford charge pro charging station. You might be able to get this included in your deal from the dealer if they have it, or you can maybe get a price adjustment if the dealer isn't including it. They are worth about $ 1580 CDN retail. Attached is the spec sheet if you want to compare them side by side

Good luck with your choice!

Attachments

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Go ER. No brainer. Think 3 years out SR will be obsolete. Those will drop in price much more than ER. When next gen tech comes out the SR will get left behind. Towing, cold, and long range travel realistically being 50% of rated range between stops and ER makes sense.
Sponsored