• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What tool do I need?

Jonny Hotnuts

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Forrd
I remember watching a video by the 'Transport Evolved' gal where she was able to change things like light bar intensity and other things.

I would like to know what is used to do this, in particular things like sensor recalibration, dinging (I want my reverse ding louder), and be able to access other factory settings.

I have been frustrated looking. Can someone please tell me the exact thing I need to get to be able to do this sort of thing? Forscan? VMC II? What?

(And please be specific. I am notorious for getting the wrong thing and then too lazy to send it back when it doesn't work.)

Tks,

~C
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Suggest you read the Forscan thread for the things she was talking about.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Some of what you list (make reverse dinging louder) cannot be done by any tool.

FORScan allows you to make some changes. You need the proper dongle, a Windows laptop, and the free FORScan software.

If you aren't comfortable with making changes to hexadecimal areas, and saving originals, and documenting what you did, then you should not consider it.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
It’s forscan. Pretty simple program to use but as mentioned use at your own risk. The dongle is cheap and the license for the program is affordable. It did come in handy to change my speedo after I got newer/bigger tires since it had to be recalibrated.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It’s forscan. Pretty simple program to use but as mentioned use at your own risk. The dongle is cheap and the license for the program is affordable. It did come in handy to change my speedo after I got newer/bigger tires since it had to be recalibrated.
The license is free. Been using FORScan for years. Free 2 month license. A year later if you want to make changes, get another 2 month license.

Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Some of what you list (make reverse dinging louder) cannot be done by any tool.

FORScan allows you to make some changes. You need the proper dongle, a Windows laptop, and the free FORScan software.

If you aren't comfortable with making changes to hexadecimal areas, and saving originals, and documenting what you did, then you should not consider it.
I gave up when it said I need a Windows machine. I"ve been a Mac person for a long time. What's the saying, "Once you go Mac, you never go back." I understand the power of Windows machines; I just don't want to have to deal with Windows at this stage in my life. And the last time i made hexadecimal changes to something was a very long time ago. I"ll let the pros do it.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Can you use Linux and run FORScan with Wine? Will it work from a virtual machine?

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
The license is free. Been using FORScan for years. Free 2 month license. A year later if you want to make changes, get another 2 month license.
It's free now that they have the Lightning on there for normal release, we initially had to get the Beta from support which required the $12 license.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
Gotcha. I just paid for the 1 year license not knowing exactly how much I’d be tinkering with it. It was a whopping $13. 🤷🏻‍♂️

vagabond7846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Can you use Linux and run FORScan with Wine? Will it work from a virtual machine?
i have been able to get forscan to run using UTM on macos ( https://mac.getutm.app/ ). UTM itself is a friendly wrapper for QEMU. I could only get this working on x86/x64 chipset based Macs. I could not get any M1/M2 based macs to either virtualize or emulate windows properly to get forscan to work. forscan just doesnt seem to work well w/ ARM based processors, even when emulated.
Sponsored