• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What should I do

Catbad

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I got the invite to order today. I’m just not sure I want one any longer due to the increased price, limited range and I don’t have a good way to get a 220 outlet into my garage. Can I even charge it with a regular plug.

Before I decline anything I should know, I really haven’t been keeping up with it to be honest, I just put down a deposit on a whim. I’ve got a 2016 Lariat now with 40k miles I like pretty well.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yes, you can charge off a 110V outlet, it is just very slow.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
If you’re not sure and don’t want one ASAP just keep your reservation alive until you have to decide

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I got the invite to order today. I’m just not sure I want one any longer due to the increased price, limited range and I don’t have a good way to get a 220 outlet into my garage. Can I even charge it with a regular plug.

Before I decline anything I should know, I really haven’t been keeping up with it to be honest, I just put down a deposit on a whim. I’ve got a 2016 Lariat now with 40k miles I like pretty well.
Cost aside. If you drive more than 20 miles a day, a 120v plug is going to be frustrating. You can certainly visit DCFCs, some people in my area do it. But it eliminates one of the best things about owning an EV (having a full charge every morning) and makes you go through one of the worse things (dealing with an unreliable DCFC network)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Catbad

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
thanks guys. I work from home so not a daily driver. How do I keep the reservation open until august? It said I had 2 Weeks.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Placing an order for a future LIGHTNING does not hold you to having to accept it at delivery - you can make that choice at that time, and you'll probably have the dealer ready to give you money to do so...

OP
OP

Catbad

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’m not sure what you mean? I’d build and order now but I’m not committing to buying? How can I delay until August?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
thanks guys. I work from home so not a daily driver. How do I keep the reservation open until august? It said I had 2 Weeks.
Mine said nothing about 2 weeks. Specifically said I didn't have to order now when I clicked through.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
The invite to order is done in waves. Now that you are invited you can order in this wave until Dec 1st. Ford has stated that when this wave ends. Then sometime in December, another wave will open (could be at a different price) and you can order during that wave. Waves will continue off and on until August. If you don't order by August 31 then your reservation will be cancelled and your deposit returned. You can of course cancel anytime and get your deposit back.

But like everyone has said - you have until next August to decide. But until you order you are subject to future price increases.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Catbad

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Thanks for explaining

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Software Programer
and I don’t have a good way to get a 220 outlet into my garage. Can I even charge it with a regular plug.
You can, but it adds 2-3 miles per hour of charge on a regular plug. Not worth
Sponsored