• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
I haven't had the opportunity to place an order but I'm disappointed that the pro doesn't have the interior work surface (this is a work truck) and also that it doesn't have SiriusXM available.
Although it's less important to me, it also seems silly that a $40k+ vehicle doesn't have the intelligent access feature when my 8 year old, $25k Prius C has this.
Also on the mach-e, blue cruise available on all trims, standard on about half. I wish it was available on the Pro and XLT.
You can use the XM app through CarPlay or Android Auto as a work around.
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Any confirmation if XLT 312A has the tailgate light bar? My order sheet under my reservation indicates signature rear lighting so I’m thinking it will. Just will have to wait until the truck shows up at my dealer I guess.
Thanks for the photos!
That's what my order screen says. I showed the page to a couple of people at the Launch Event and also mentioned that all the photos of the 312A package showed the rear sliding window and they specifically said it was a mistake, which also caught a couple of other customers by surprise.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Push to Start XLT info

xlt pts.JPG
The Ford people told me the LED Signature light bar is NOT included in the $9500 upgrade, and that XLTs don't have it. Meanwhile I pointed out that their own website says otherwise. @Ford Motor Company seems to be showing multiple versions of that information.

Sponsored

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
The Ford people told me the LED Signature light bar is NOT included in the $9500 upgrade, and that XLTs don't have it. Meanwhile I pointed out that their own website says otherwise. @Ford Motor Company seems to be showing multiple versions of that information.
Yeah I agree. For that upgrade package you would hope we would get the rear light bar.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Yeah I agree. For that upgrade package you would hope we would get the rear light bar.
When I was building my configuration online, the sliding rear window was in every photo when I added the $9500 312A package, and the description still says "Power Tailgate w/ Unique Rear Signature Lighting" on the order confirmation, so I've always assumed it was included.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
This video is an XLT ER going through a mud puddle. Posted by the @Administrator in the Atlas Blue thread. It does not have the signature rear tailgate lighting nor does it have the sliding power rear window glass.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
This video is an XLT ER going through a mud puddle. Posted by the @Administrator in the Atlas Blue thread. It does not have the signature rear tailgate lighting nor does it have the sliding power rear window glass.
The video didn't work... however, you are correct. XLT does not get those features.

However, Ford's website was wrong. It definitely showed the sliding window on every photo of an XLT with the 312A package. I contacted them about it, and they said the photos were a mistake.

I also pointed out the fact that the order confirmation page for a 312A order STILL says "Power Tailgate w/ Unique Rear Signature Lighting"... and when I showed them the page at the Launch Event, they took a photo of it and said that too... is a mistake. Coincidentally a couple of other XLT 312A customers were next to me and they too assumed that meant the rear light was part of the power tailgate and were equally disappointed.

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Excellent post. I bought an F150 XLT Powerboost last year to see if I’d like Fords after having Dodge for 30 years. Gotta say I love this truck! Which makes an XLT Lightning attractive, too. If it could have a little more Blue Cruise (lane centering and automatic distance) I would not be getting a Lariat. When I am on long vacation drives, it would be nice to be hands free a little more, such as with music searching and eating.

be that as it may be, I think anyone getting an XLT Lightning will be happy.. I sure am w my Hybrid XLT!

Sponsored

SWC77

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Silverado Hybrid
Occupation
InfoSec
It was a great show in San Antonio. Had a chance to ride in a Lariat trim, and get my hands on both Pro and XLT trims. Agree that the Pro is just too basic for my use, and an XLT is what I will order (if/when the chance ever comes that my reservation is called).
The cloth seats need to be available on the higher trims (nothing like a show in San Antonio to show folks how hot a leather seat can be in 100 degree heat). I prefer the smaller display in the XLT - the Lariat display takes up a lot of real estate and looks like a Tesla screen. The outlets are well placed, and having those out here on a farm would mean not having to drag a generator around. The running boards are solid, and are long enough to allow access to the bed. But my favorite part was the "escape" button for someone stuck in the frunk.
Ford F-150 Lightning In-Person Lightning Impressions - From a XLT Order Holder (w/ Photos & Door Payload Sticker) [San Antonio Event] IMG_3570
Ford F-150 Lightning In-Person Lightning Impressions - From a XLT Order Holder (w/ Photos & Door Payload Sticker) [San Antonio Event] IMG_3573
Ford F-150 Lightning In-Person Lightning Impressions - From a XLT Order Holder (w/ Photos & Door Payload Sticker) [San Antonio Event] IMG_3574
Ford F-150 Lightning In-Person Lightning Impressions - From a XLT Order Holder (w/ Photos & Door Payload Sticker) [San Antonio Event] IMG_3575
Ford F-150 Lightning In-Person Lightning Impressions - From a XLT Order Holder (w/ Photos & Door Payload Sticker) [San Antonio Event] IMG_3576

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
The video didn't work... however, you are correct. XLT does not get those features.

However, Ford's website was wrong. It definitely showed the sliding window on every photo of an XLT with the 312A package. I contacted them about it, and they said the photos were a mistake.

I also pointed out the fact that the order confirmation page for a 312A order STILL says "Power Tailgate w/ Unique Rear Signature Lighting"... and when I showed them the page at the Launch Event, they took a photo of it and said that too... is a mistake. Coincidentally a couple of other XLT 312A customers were next to me and they too assumed that meant the rear light was part of the power tailgate and were equally disappointed.
Yes, it would be disappointing to miss out on the sliding read window shown in the Build & Price system for the XLT, and to miss the "Unique Rear Signature Lighting" as shown on the confirmed online order sheet "Your Selections" Exterior items.

Also, I am not able to see if there are memory buttons on the driver's door for the seats. The B&P showed memory for the 8-way seats, so I think that would carry to the 10-way seats. Any other XLT pictures of the door to confirm? But were the XLT's at San Antonio just prototypes, not truly finished?

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
When I was building my configuration online, the sliding rear window was in every photo when I added the $9500 312A package, and the description still says "Power Tailgate w/ Unique Rear Signature Lighting" on the order confirmation, so I've always assumed it was included.
The photo in this thread for sure doesn't have the light bar on tailgate. The tail lamps are wrong.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I haven't had the opportunity to place an order but I'm disappointed that the pro doesn't have the interior work surface (this is a work truck) and also that it doesn't have SiriusXM available.
Although it's less important to me, it also seems silly that a $40k+ vehicle doesn't have the intelligent access feature when my 8 year old, $25k Prius C has this.
Also on the mach-e, blue cruise available on all trims, standard on about half. I wish it was available on the Pro and XLT.
Agree on wanting to be able to pay up for bluecruise on lower trrim. That being said if you have the co-pilot 360 assist with 'Intelligent adaptive cruise control with lane centering' if you agree to keep your hand on steering wheel is the tech basically the same?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Agree on wanting to be able to pay up for bluecruise on lower trrim. That being said if you have the co-pilot 360 assist with 'Intelligent adaptive cruise control with lane centering' if you agree to keep your hand on steering wheel is the tech basically the same?
That's only available as an option on the XLT, and you have to get the $9500 312A package. That makes it $64,000+

I don't know the pricing and the build tool isn't available but blue cruise is available either standard or optional on all mach-e trims. Copilot assist is standard on all trims.
Sponsored