• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
The last time I checked, no middle "checkmark" yet. I notice the HIS is attempting to download an upgrade through M professional but the upgrade never finishes. I think that is the culprit in my case.
Hmmm... Maybe I will try to see if that's happening in mine as well. I have had numerous conversations with a field technician at SunRun who is doing the installs and he thinks the issue is that Ford does not have a process in place for non SunRun electricians etc... to document the installs with equipment numbers, inspection results, etc... I.e. Since they cannot verify the system, they will not place the equipment into their app and to some extent have liability. I'll let you know if I hear anything but in the meantime at least we both have a backup power system working... 🏡⚡🚙
Sponsored

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Last edited:
OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have been working with Ford support for about a month now on just trying to get the Fordpass "backup power" widget fully functional. Since those of us outside of a SunRun managed state don't have a process for getting our equipment identified as being ready to go, it prevents this from happening automatically it appears. The good news supposedly is that they are creating this process with SunRun. I will post back here when I get it up and running. Good news is that the Fordpass app non-connection does not prevent the system from actually functioning. Bring on the winter ;)

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
Would love to see how this progresses. My system works but I only have the first check mark.

Sponsored
OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Would love to see how this progresses. My system works but I only have the first check mark.
Yep, just like a few of us on the forum as well. It seems that Ford is aware of us and are trying to make something work with SunRun to make it work. I am supposed to get called by tomorrow from SunRun but we'll see...

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
I should note that I didn’t self-install, but I’m in Oregon, where Sunrun works with third party electricians. We’re having some issues.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I should note that I didn’t self-install, but I’m in Oregon, where Sunrun works with third party electricians. We’re having some issues.
Are you going to be releasing a full video, or series of videos, once the saga concludes? I saw you were going with a SPAN panel in the process, which is the same thing I was wanting to do. And even though SunRun is in Nevada, is the Ford partner, and is a SPAN partner, they do not support the combination of those things. So I am really hoping you end up getting it all to work (be the guinea pig, as it were).

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
Are you going to be releasing a full video, or series of videos, once the saga concludes? I saw you were going with a SPAN panel in the process, which is the same thing I was wanting to do. And even though SunRun is in Nevada, is the Ford partner, and is a SPAN partner, they do not support the combination of those things. So I am really hoping you end up getting it all to work (be the guinea pig, as it were).
We’re hoping to do a series for each!

Our electrician has just hurt his back however, so it’ll be some time before either system is fully operational :(

Nikki

WangsWorld

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Do yall mind me asking how much the whole system cost for you to put in not using Sunrun? Was that $7,500 the all in cost? Trying to determine if I should try and find an outside electrician vs using SunRun. Thanks all!

Sponsored

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
We’re hoping to do a series for each!

Our electrician has just hurt his back however, so it’ll be some time before either system is fully operational :(

Nikki
How go the battle? I'm still chasing SunRun on my end to try and get them to get their act together.

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER, Polestar 2, e-tron & Bolt
Update… it’s alive! I still do not have the Fordpass app updated due to a process issue for us non SRM states (their term). It kicks over to truck power automatically after about 30 seconds… and then when power comes back on, it flips back like it should. My issue was that the CT clamps were originally placed on the sub panel and not the main as intended which was causing the BDI and MIDI to not behave exactly right. It makes sense that it might get itself into a loop if the ct clamps started to show power again… anyways… a video for those interested. I included not all of the waiting but there is a lot of clicking that you can hear that happens in the truck as it prepares to backup.
Thank you for this thread!

I am another Lightning owner is the same position. Were there any additional changes that you had to configure in the “M Pro” application outside of what was presented in the SoP? My install is just the EVSE and the Home Integration kit. Any additional advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you for this thread!

I am another Lightning owner is the same position. Were there any additional changes that you had to configure in the “M Pro” application outside of what was presented in the SoP? My install is just the EVSE and the Home Integration kit. Any additional advice/help would be greatly appreciated!
Update: My system is working with a a bit of quirkiness. There are 3 errors present on the BDI, as the system believes that there should be LG batteries connected to it. As a result there is an audible beeping. I am still working with an engineer at AEEsolar to get this corrected. If you go into the M Professional app and go to Additional Features and select Change Machine, this will reset it to not see the batteries (clearing the errors), but it also disables it from seeing power flow through the CTs. Also, the Home Integration step in the Ford Pass app still says the system isn’t ready (Step 2 has an X)

It took the system between 3-5 minutes to actually transfer load to the vehicle through the EVSE.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: My system is working with a a bit of quirkiness. There are 3 errors present on the BDI, as the system believes that there should be LG batteries connected to it. As a result there is an audible beeping. I am still working with an engineer at AEEsolar to get this corrected. If you go into the M Professional app and go to Additional Features and select Change Machine, this will reset it to not see the batteries (clearing the errors), but it also disables it from seeing power flow through the CTs. Also, the Home Integration step in the Ford Pass app still says the system isn’t ready (Step 2 has an X)

It took the system between 3-5 minutes to actually transfer load to the vehicle through the EVSE.
I have had a ticket open with FOrd on the app not saying the system is ready for about 3 months. Ford can't do anything to get it resolved and it is supposidly in SunRuns basket to fix somehow. It does not prevent the system from functioning so I wll deal with it for now. You are not alone there...

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have had a ticket open with FOrd on the app not saying the system is ready for about 3 months. Ford can't do anything to get it resolved and it is supposidly in SunRuns basket to fix somehow. It does not prevent the system from functioning so I wll deal with it for now. You are not alone there...
Roger that and thank you for re-confirming. I too have a ticket on this issue opened up with Ford. What I realized during my last customer support call with Ford is that their checklist ends at the Ford Charge Station Pro EVSE. I am still working with a very helpful AEEE Solar engineer and remain optimistic that we will get to a resolution now that the holiday break is over with. I will keep you posted.

Current Status: The system is still functional (after multiple tests), but the 3 errors (LG batteries not present) noted earlier remain and an audible alarm is coming from the transfer switch box. I assume the audible alarm is the result of the 3 errors.
Sponsored