• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
They are a subsidiary of SunRun, but should have their own option in the automated system when you call in. You might just try e-mailing them.
will do. Ford actually thinks I might be able to warranty out this charger due to missing pieces. I told them I’d just take the missing connectors but they’re going to give me an answer tomorrow. I’ll email aee too. Thank you.
Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
@hifixenthusiast We swapped over my tesla panels from the old tesla inverter into the BDI and turned the BDI on. The only errors I have on M Pro are battery communication fail and Primary Battery communication fail. I don't have any batteries installed. Is that a normal error or do I need to change some settings?

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER, Polestar 2, e-tron & Bolt
will do. Ford actually thinks I might be able to warranty out this charger due to missing pieces. I told them I’d just take the missing connectors but they’re going to give me an answer tomorrow. I’ll email aee too. Thank you.
Roger that! My charger is having issues with dropping the WiFi connection. I’m waiting to hear back regarding a replacement.
@hifixenthusiast We swapped over my tesla panels from the old tesla inverter into the BDI and turned the BDI on. The only errors I have on M Pro are battery communication fail and Primary Battery communication fail. I don't have any batteries installed. Is that a normal error or do I need to change some settings?
Yes. There is actually a 3rd error (pictured below) that is intermittent. The “disable” Change Machine function was supposed to fix it when that feature was added a couple months ago to the MPro application. Disabling it clears the errors, but it also disables the CTs. So you must keep it enabled, with the errors for the system to function properly. I hope this helps.

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 16C63E5B-308A-45E5-8D91-62FAD502A24B

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Thanks. I won’t mess with that then. But I have connected my solar and don’t have production. Can you confirm the DC switch underneath shiuld Go left to right when on?

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
directions say this….
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) A9293975-156C-43D7-AC1D-26ADE8626749

but mine has this plastic collar over it. Electrician and I don’t know if this comes out. I turn it both ways and no solar input either way.
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 2322C630-6D68-44AE-AADA-6EF41074F517

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Alright, a tech from sunrun thinks something is wrong with the inverter. I kept playing with it tonight and no matter how many times i download the update, its always available for download.

When I click on the software update, i notice the system is 1.1.18, the power is 1.6.4 and the safety is 1.6.1.

Under my inverter firmware, mine always reads system 1.1.18, POwer NA, Safety NA.

Does anybody elses look like this?

Also, every time I click on the update, I get an exclamation point and a box that says "Download bin file from the cloud". Not sure if that's what i'm doing every time or if I need to do something differently.

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
directions say this….
A9293975-156C-43D7-AC1D-26ADE8626749.jpeg

but mine has this plastic collar over it. Electrician and I don’t know if this comes out. I turn it both ways and no solar input either way.
2322C630-6D68-44AE-AADA-6EF41074F517.jpeg
This is the operating position of my system:

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) IMG_5072

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alright, a tech from sunrun thinks something is wrong with the inverter. I kept playing with it tonight and no matter how many times i download the update, its always available for download.

When I click on the software update, i notice the system is 1.1.18, the power is 1.6.4 and the safety is 1.6.1.

Under my inverter firmware, mine always reads system 1.1.18, POwer NA, Safety NA.

Does anybody elses look like this?

Also, every time I click on the update, I get an exclamation point and a box that says "Download bin file from the cloud". Not sure if that's what i'm doing every time or if I need to do something differently.
Interesting. Here is a screen shot of the status. My system has always operated in this state. I have been able to update the firmware successfully when new versions are released. I did purchase the 6.6kw system, but I don't have solar panels or batteries directly connected to it. I literally am only using this system for Intelligent Backup Power. I do have a separate PV system that operates independent of this solution and sits outside my MSP as a whole home solution. I had originally planned on adding additional panels to the BDI. Based on my recent experience, I won't be using this for anything more than the Intelligent Backup Power.
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) IMG_5080

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Interesting. Here is a screen shot of the status. My system has always operated in this state. I have been able to update the firmware successfully when new versions are released. I did purchase the 6.6kw system, but I don't have solar panels or batteries directly connected to it. I literally am only using this system for Intelligent Backup Power. I do have a separate PV system that operates independent of this solution and sits outside my MSP as a whole home solution. I had originally planned on adding additional panels to the BDI. Based on my recent experience, I won't be using this for anything more than the Intelligent Backup Power.
IMG_5080.jpeg
awesome thank you. I can't wait to hear back from the sunrun engineer and the Delta tech who taps into the BDI. If i'm able to get my solar running into it, I should be able to generate 15% more than I was with my tesla inverter.

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Just to update everyone, the RSD's from tesla are operating as they should and limiting voltage to the BDI. Also this BDI isn't compatible with tesla MCI/RSD's. So I'm switching those out this week. Will report back.

Boomerdawg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Regional Director, Field Operations - (Construction)
I went back and forth on tackling this project myself, and the decision was helped when my local PV installer quoted me $6k to install the system (I had already purchased the HIS). I should have it all done with a cost of around $1500 in materials, and 1/2 of that is because I went to Type BR breakers in the critical loads panel primarily because the SPAN panel I will add later down the road is not compatible with my existing Type CH MBP. My CSP has been working flawlessly since I installed it at the beginning of February, and this weekend I will be relocating it to the wall with the rest of the HIS components. Hopefully I will complete the rest of the physical installation this weekend, and then it sounds like the fun will start with the software integration. Eventually I will add another 10Kw of PV production tied into the Delta BDI inverter (I purchased the 10k unit). I plan on leaving the existing PV system which is 11.75 Kw as is in the grid tie shutdown format on the MBP.

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 20230412_175549

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 20230412_175515

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Update: fixed the solar. Going to be adding more panels thanks to this inverter.

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) DFFF2E25-8C16-4F80-9842-CE95C5EE44F0

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Also got the little pieces for the FCSP, from a user here, who lives 15mins from me.
Sponsored

Last edited: