• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
After 3 months of frustration and being passed from Sunrun to Delta to Siemens to Ford, last night I was finally successful in getting the HIS, Charger and truck to talk to each other and... TO MY AMAZEMENT AND DELIGHT - a successful transfer of power. Woo hoo. I literally started jumping up and down.

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) Screenshot_20230405_075508_FordPass
Sponsored

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER, Polestar 2, e-tron & Bolt
Some small progress but still not there.
I double checked all settings in MPRO app and everything seems to be up-to-date and correct. Only thing is energy/power flow readings show 0, but I assume that is because the CT's are not connected to the main panel?
I still don't get why the running mode says "solar only" as I have no solar or power storage, but i guess this is normal?
Plugged in the truck and flipped the main breaker, and a minute later it attempted to transfer. Truck charge port LED's went green, 5-lights on the inverter changed (light 3-green, light 4-orange, light 5 red). Power Flow readings showed power going from the truck to the house of -84W. This lasted for about a minute, then shutdown and Running Status went to "ERROR (3)". The backup loads never received power during that time.
I just looked at the troubleshooting guide for the BDI, and it shows the same ERROR (3), saying to disable EMS will clear the errors.
So I will try that when I go home this evening. Any other input or suggestions are certainly appreciated.
BDI Screen shot 1.png

BDI Screen shot 5 (during transfer, power coming from truck -84W.png

BDI Screen shot 5 (during transfer, ERROR 3).png
If you aren’t seeing power flow (utility to your house) on the right side when the system is operating normally then there is likely an issue with the configuration or CT installation. When operating on AC power you should see the total flow of power coming from your provider to your home on the bottom right.

Kman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Anyone know how to find the “disable EMS” in the M Professional app?
Like from Main Menu - Options - ???
I have searched everywhere and I can’t find it. Below screen shot from the trouble shooting guide.
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) E5D75A66-595F-4F56-8FD3-0F19CC45D609

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone know how to find the “disable EMS” in the M Professional app?
Like from Main Menu - Options - ???
I have searched everywhere and I can’t find it. Below screen shot from the trouble shooting guide.
E5D75A66-595F-4F56-8FD3-0F19CC45D609.png
Menu —> Additional Features—> Change Machine
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) F9167BDC-6963-45D7-8099-9DF8D58D6BB5

Last edited:

Kman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Thank you Hifix!
Okay so I disabled EMS as suggested (in the "change machine" menu you have to scan the QR code on your BDI, go back to the menu, then back to "change machine" and the disable option is there).
After doing this, the Powerflow menu started having some readings, which was a good sign.

Did a test and unit attempts to transfer, but now we are getting "ERROR (1)" message which is a "remote shutdown." Cant find any info for possible solutions however.

The electrician is seeing DC power coming into the inverter, 384V I think, but no AC power going out. Truck lights are green and display inside the truck shows power is being delivered, so it looks like everything is good on that side, and the problem is at the inverter.

Feels like we are rounding third base, hoping you guys can wave me home!
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) BDI Screen shot 7
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) BDI Screen shot 8
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) BDI Screen shot 9
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) inverter

Sponsored

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you Hifix!
Okay so I disabled EMS as suggested (in the "change machine" menu you have to scan the QR code on your BDI, go back to the menu, then back to "change machine" and the disable option is there).
After doing this, the Powerflow menu started having some readings, which was a good sign.

Did a test and unit attempts to transfer, but now we are getting "ERROR (1)" message which is a "remote shutdown." Cant find any info for possible solutions however.

The electrician is seeing DC power coming into the inverter, 384V I think, but no AC power going out. Truck lights are green and display inside the truck shows power is being delivered, so it looks like everything is good on that side, and the problem is at the inverter.

Feels like we are rounding third base, hoping you guys can wave me home!
BDI Screen shot 7.png
BDI Screen shot 8.png
BDI Screen shot 9.png
inverter.jpg
Are all of the disconnects in the appropriate state?

1.) Disconnect on the bottom of the BDI (Red Switch)
2.) Disconnect situated between the BDI and Critical Load Panel
3.) Automatic transfer switch between the Main Service Panel (MSP) and the Critical Load Panel

Also, remember that the Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) and the BDI must lose power at the same time. When performing a test, I turn off the main breaker between my utility provider and the MSP.

Good luck!

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here are some additional screenshots from my notification testing today:

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 58039A4B-B54F-4823-937F-C2F7EC966CBF
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 9776693E-709E-44EE-9D6F-9FEA1E15F999

Kman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Red switch is in the on position, no other disconnects installed as the breakers are within view of the equipment. We are cutting the main breaker to the house to simulate a real power outage.
Any other ideas or suggestions? I’m desperate here, willing to try anything.

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red switch is in the on position, no other disconnects installed as the breakers are within view of the equipment. We are cutting the main breaker to the house to simulate a real power outage.
Any other ideas or suggestions? I’m desperate here, willing to try anything.
You might try power cycling the whole system. This will require shutting down the Dark Start (DS) Battery. This can be performed in the DS Battery section in the image I provided earlier.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
What’s up guys. So I’m finally plugging everything up that we installed, and on the FCSP, there aren’t any green female connectors for the extra communication wires. Did your FCSP come with them? My electrician doesn’t know where to get these.

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) image

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Here circled.

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) C78247C0-51BE-42D6-AC5B-8E338A97FFAA

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here circled.
Mine has them. It is tough to remember exactly which component of the system they were packaged with as the entire system was installed at one time. They might have been included with the HIS equipment. Have you already received the HIS equipment? If not, you might wait. If you have already received the equipment and they aren't present, I would contact AEEExpress and request them.

https://shop.aeesolar.com/s/contactsupport

I am sorry I couldn't me more helpful.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Mine has them. It is tough to remember exactly which component of the system they were packaged with as the entire system was installed at one time. They might have been included with the HIS equipment. Have you already received the HIS equipment? If not, you might wait. If you have already received the equipment and they aren't present, I would contact AEEExpress and request them.

No worries. I didn’t know if these were extra on the HIS or just came on the charger plugged in already.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

Aee gets routed back to Sunrun. :(