• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I am starting a new post on this subject since the existing post on this subject was under charging and the subject was slightly different...

It's been a journey on getting a solar system installed and getting the Home Integration System set up without SunRun being the installer. It has NOT been easy. It has not been clearly messaged to others. Ford has some opportunities here and I am sure I am not alone in the journey (@Wombat and @tommolog I know are also going through this journey).

Aside from a delay in my solar install which was done last week which was holding up my charger installation (pay the electricians once, right?!), we (the electrician and I ) are deep into this now. We have both gone through the SunRun SOP Installation documentation and have the M Professional app, etc... The hardware is properly connected. The charger is working (its not yet received the update, but fingers crossed that happens soon so I can stop receiving those messages). Its set at 80Amp BTW. I have the charge station pro connected to my account and ready to go. I have the HIS installed and added to my truck and it shows it. The only thing that is missing I believe is the connection the FordPass app because when I do a system check, it says the HIS is not ready. I honestly think thats the only thing... SO frustrating... After spending roughly $7500K for emergency backup with the truck, it's held up due to software... Can you help @Ford Motor Company? I will follow with the pictures...
Sponsored

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Software screens…

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 7EB18DB6-05B8-4344-A1C3-024005EF9739

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) BEC29837-14A6-4776-85F4-BFA50FA807F9

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 517493AE-B6EA-4720-B984-99F2927B2E48

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 9DE35D8B-1C05-475A-A5DF-2FA6A8828466

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) BCF8E86C-1C1B-4A47-85B8-D4DD44DB9B26

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 6D0C3803-72B1-40C5-B112-72E5AF1AA0AA

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 5B091864-5891-4261-9505-525BBD8119C9

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 9087C65F-8627-4708-9C18-41A82BA2C0D4

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) FC7D3505-8AFA-4478-8BF7-6BBF0603CC29

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Looks great, sad about the SW hold up, but at least the physical work is complete.

Where are the critical load breakers/panel?

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So the added panel to the left of what looks like the main panel is technically the main. It has only the ac and the car charger on it. The critical load panel is basically the old main.

Sponsored

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Let me know what you learn. I am in a similar situation - Check marks 1 & 3 are complete, but check mark 2 is not. However, as a test, I connected the charging cable and killed power to the house. The automatic transfer did occur (it took about 10 seconds) and the truck powered my home flawlessly. I ran my entire home for a few hours and then restored power to the house and the system returned to normal operation. My only concern: I never received a notice on my app that I was running on back-up power.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Let me know what you learn. I am in a similar situation - Check marks 1 & 3 are complete, but check mark 2 is not. However, as a test, I connected the charging cable and killed power to the house. The automatic transfer did occur (it took about 10 seconds) and the truck powered my home flawlessly. I ran my entire home for a few hours and then restored power to the house and the system returned to normal operation. My only concern: I never received a notice on my app that I was running on back-up power.
That’s good to know. We tested it and it never kicked over. Electrician made a couple software changes on the m app after that though. I may try it again at some point.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any chance you could share a picture of your M app Home Screen? I am not sure if it is normal or not.

Ebenisteriecst

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning lariat er, e-transit, savana 3500
I am starting a new post on this subject since the existing post on this subject was under charging and the subject was slightly different...

It's been a journey on getting a solar system installed and getting the Home Integration System set up without SunRun being the installer. It has NOT been easy. It has not been clearly messaged to others. Ford has some opportunities here and I am sure I am not alone in the journey (@Wombat and @tommolog I know are also going through this journey).

Aside from a delay in my solar install which was done last week which was holding up my charger installation (pay the electricians once, right?!), we (the electrician and I ) are deep into this now. We have both gone through the SunRun SOP Installation documentation and have the M Professional app, etc... The hardware is properly connected. The charger is working (its not yet received the update, but fingers crossed that happens soon so I can stop receiving those messages). Its set at 80Amp BTW. I have the charge station pro connected to my account and ready to go. I have the HIS installed and added to my truck and it shows it. The only thing that is missing I believe is the connection the FordPass app because when I do a system check, it says the HIS is not ready. I honestly think thats the only thing... SO frustrating... After spending roughly $7500K for emergency backup with the truck, it's held up due to software... Can you help @Ford Motor Company? I will follow with the pictures...

Hi, I live in Canada and Sunrun doesnt install here and its impossible to get any info. Do you know if its possible the get documentation for each parts of the his. I would like to have solar panel install and the one that quoted me for my panel would like to have more info on the his to be able to integrat it to the solar system

Sponsored
OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi, I live in Canada and Sunrun doesnt install here and its impossible to get any info. Do you know if its possible the get documentation for each parts of the his. I would like to have solar panel install and the one that quoted me for my panel would like to have more info on the his to be able to integrat it to the solar system
The issue with the solar aspect is that if you have inline inverters, it basically won’t work with them. I.e. with inline inverters, the power is already AC. The input on the HIS for solar is DC. Therefore, we designed our systems to basically be independent. Backup system with a charger and a PV system. The limit on the BDI (Bi directional inverter) of 4KWh (though they can go up to 10KWh, I guess) I also a limitation as our system we were looking for was 15.6 KWh. And really, it will only be a benefit for charging the truck when the power goes down. But hopefully the link answers any questions they have. It should.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I tried the test again and it again did not kick over. I think there is an issue with where they put the feeder breaker (not on the main but the critial loads panel). I did however get a message from the SunRun Tech (need to give the guy a medal or something) that the backup power does seem to work without the app being updated. And that Sunrun has been helping those people that are "self-installing" with an electrician to get that data to Ford. I.e. We all still need to do other non-documented stuff to get everything to work.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update… it’s alive! I still do not have the Fordpass app updated due to a process issue for us non SRM states (their term). It kicks over to truck power automatically after about 30 seconds… and then when power comes back on, it flips back like it should. My issue was that the CT clamps were originally placed on the sub panel and not the main as intended which was causing the BDI and MIDI to not behave exactly right. It makes sense that it might get itself into a loop if the ct clamps started to show power again… anyways… a video for those interested. I included not all of the waiting but there is a lot of clicking that you can hear that happens in the truck as it prepares to backup.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@idahospud You ever get the app to pass the check. I have been talking with Ford tech support for a week plus and trying to find out if anyone outside of SunRun has this work yet? If so, it would be helpful to know how… let me know. It’s probably the same reason it’s not giving messages.

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
@idahospud You ever get the app to pass the check. I have been talking with Ford tech support for a week plus and trying to find out if anyone outside of SunRun has this work yet? If so, it would be helpful to know how… let me know. It’s probably the same reason it’s not giving messages.
The last time I checked, no middle "checkmark" yet. I notice the HIS is attempting to download an upgrade through M professional but the upgrade never finishes. I think that is the culprit in my case.
Sponsored