• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

IRS announces more time for dealers and sellers of clean vehicles to submit time-of-sale reports

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
IR-2024-02, Jan. 5, 2024

WASHINGTON — Following the launch of a new online portal and to help industry, the Internal Revenue Service today announced an extension for dealers and sellers of clean vehicles to submit time-of-sale reports.

Seller reporting in IRS Energy Credits Online (IRS ECO) became available on Jan. 1, 2024. To provide dealers and the IRS more time to submit and intake seller reports into this new system, the IRS is temporarily extending the 3-day time period to submit time-of-sale reports provided in Revenue Procedure 2023-38 through Jan. 16.

This means dealers and sellers have until Jan. 19 to submit a time-of-sale report for vehicles sold Jan. 1 through Jan. 16.

While the IRS fine-tunes this new system and the intake of time-of-sale reports, dealers and sellers should continue to submit time-of-sale reports using IRS ECO. The IRS encourages sellers to use this extension only if they are unable to successfully submit a time-of-sale report when the vehicle is for a customer who intends to claim the tax credit on their tax return.

The IRS is committed to resolving any issues facing manufacturers, dealers and sellers navigating the IRS' new ECO tool.

The IRS will be hosting office hours to help dealers and sellers with time-of-sale reporting. Representatives from the IRS will be available to answer questions.

To register for a specific session click on the "Register" link.

2024 Time-of-sale reporting office hours
DateTimeSession registration
Jan. 9, 20242-2:30 p.m. ESTRegister
Jan. 10, 20242-2:30 p.m. ESTRegister
Jan. 11, 20242-2:30 p.m. ESTRegister
Jan. 16, 20242-2:30 p.m. ESTRegister
Jan. 17, 20242-2:30 p.m. ESTRegister
Jan. 18, 20242-2:30 p.m. ESTRegister
For more information on submitting time-of-sale reports, see Publication 5867-A, Clean vehicle time of sale reporting user guide PDF.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-an...clean-vehicles-to-submit-time-of-sale-reports
Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Under the lease program a lot of dealers never passed along the tax credit to the customers. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of dealers also suck up the Point-of-Sale tax credit. With all the newbie’s that are going to be getting into the EV market I see a lot of potential for dealer PoS abuse by dealers.

Tundra

First Name
MATH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2012 Honda Civic
Occupation
Audio Engineer
Under the lease program a lot of dealers never passed along the tax credit to the customers. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of dealers also suck up the Point-of-Sale tax credit. With all the newbie’s that are going to be getting into the EV market I see a lot of potential for dealer PoS abuse by dealers.
At least as far as a sales goes, the entirety of the credit must be passed on to the customer; I am not sure how leasing works.
Sponsored