• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Leveling Kit -- 2.0" vs 2.5" vs 3.0"

FlatcoatFarm

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Greetings. New 2023 Lariat ER owner, with a leveling kit question.

(Actually, it's my second Lightning in 6 months -- after purchasing the XLT SR in May, I loved it so much that I decided to sell my other ICE vehicle and make the Lightning my daily driver and only vehicle, and determined that I needed the ER battery and a few other creature comforts to confidently "pull the cord". Traded the XLT in for the Lariat. Love the Lightning, Ford has done a great job, IMO.)

Like others, my plan is to install a leveling kit, and replace the stock tires with a slightly larger, more aggressive AT tire (current thinking is the 285/65/20 Falken Rubitrek).

My question: I have seen posts on various leveling kits -- 2", 2.5", and even 3". Does anyone know which kit makes it perfectly level? I have no plans to pull a trailer (on any regular basis), and the loads in my bed will not be extreme.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Sponsored

Reactions: dww

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
I can't answer your question, but my first thought when considering a leveling kit had to do with the potential to throw off some of the electronic systems. For example, by raising the front end a few degrees you are changing the angle of the pedestrian and collision detection systems. Presumably, these have been optimized for the stock positioning. I also worry about the impact on Bluecruise performance. I have done absolutely no research on this, but it gave me pause enough to decide to forgo leveling in the short term. Back when we drove our own trucks manually, this was not a concern.

OP
OP

FlatcoatFarm

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Those are valid concerns. Thankfully, everything that I have read based on others' experiences indicates that a leveling kit does not affect Blue Cruise.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
2.9 inches takes it to perfectly level with no rake. All onboard systems work at intended with no adjustments. Only thing you need to adjust is the headlights down about 15 turns.

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
look for 2.5-3.0 inches in the front.

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Some scrap boards under your front tires can give you an idea of what it will look like before pulling the trigger.

OP
OP

FlatcoatFarm

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks, everyone. I pulled the trigger, and I'm having the 2.0" Ready Lift leveling kit and a set of 275/65/20 Falken Rubitreks installed on Tuesday. I'll send pics!

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Thanks, everyone. I pulled the trigger, and I'm having the 2.0" Ready Lift leveling kit and a set of 275/65/20 Falken Rubitreks installed on Tuesday. I'll send pics!
You have photos? I love those rubies but hard to find. What size you go with and how did it affect range?

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I’m in a 2022 Lariat and have Rough Country 3”. Taken it off road and helps me camping. I don’t know if it’s perfectly level, but close enough for me.
Ford F-150 Lightning Leveling Kit -- 2.0" vs 2.5" vs 3.0" IMG_6349

OP
OP

FlatcoatFarm

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I went up to a Rubitrek LT275/65/20 size, and the 2.0" readylift leveling kit. Extremely happy with both. I really like the stance of the leveled truck with these tires. Smooth ride, tires run and wear straight, zero vibration in steering wheel at higher speeds. And love the road feel of the grippier rubber. I'm on some dirt and steep gravel roads each week, and love the confidence of the bite in the road. Just had the tires rotated, and experienced zero change to the feel of the truck, which is always a good sign to me that they are wearing evenly. There's a slight change in road noise over the OEM tires, but not a bothersome sound at all, to me.

I have over 8,000 miles on the truck. The first 3,000 on the OEM tires, and the last 5,000 on the Rubitreks. I got 2.2 miles/kWh on the OEM tires, and have gotten 1.8 miles/kWh with the Rubitreks. (Although, it also started getting into winter temps as I put the Rubitreks on, which I'm sure has also had some effect.) And zero impact (that I can tell) to BlueCruise -- which I use a lot.
Ford F-150 Lightning Leveling Kit -- 2.0" vs 2.5" vs 3.0" 1709480629430
Ford F-150 Lightning Leveling Kit -- 2.0" vs 2.5" vs 3.0" 1709480955586

Sponsored

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Bluecruise works fine on my leveled Lightning too, but the auto driving/lane/sterring part? Still goes left, right, left, right like a drunk driver would. Still not fixed or updated from what I can tell.

Maybe it never worked great from the factory either? I put on level + wheels/tires right away. So I can't really say.

Truck looks great!

broteus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER Carbonized Gray Metallic
2.9 inches takes it to perfectly level with no rake. All onboard systems work at intended with no adjustments. Only thing you need to adjust is the headlights down about 15 turns.
Is this easy to do? Would this need to be done regardless of how big or small the leveling kit is?

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Is this easy to do? Would this need to be done regardless of how big or small the leveling kit is?
If you adjust the angle of your truck, you need to adjust your headlights. Or else.... you're that asshole blinding everyone.

If you can turn a screwdriver, you can adjust a headlight.
Sponsored