• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning bigger than my garage!

RangerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger
Anyone know of a similar stainless/metal hatch? Locking ā€˜peephole?

For parking length and tight fits,

Iā€™ve seen parking mats & strips to stop vehicles at specific points but also read about the glue getting wet and them eventually shifting forward.

Another option is using an overhead laser system to position your vehicle.

One item that seemed to work also was park daddy. ā€¦it has beams you position at bumper level at the g door and pull forward through (green red green). An included 12v in car device turns red and beeps as you slowly pull through. I placed it in front of my park spots on the wall using a to 12v adapter (to use with multiple vehicles with similar bumper height). This leaves space in the front of the garage and shows when to stop with only a few inches in front of the longer vehicles.

Or a combo of. Any other ideas?

ā€¦too bad the frunk etc isnā€™t a bit shorter to fit it in a standard garage easier. Will definitely deter some from purchasing or waiting for a different truck configuration.

Parking outside is fine, but weather degrades vehicles over time and even nice neighborhoods have troublemakersā€¦

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
The lightning is going to come in about 6ā€ too long for my garage bays! ?

Deal breaker?

How does charging outside your house work? Box with a lock on it? I would like to eventually add a third bay to the garage and would make that fit, but itā€™s a few years out.

I pre ordered one to replace my 2021 Tacoma that drives like it canā€™t figure out how a vehicle should shift. The Tacoma barely fits with 10ā€ to spare lol.
Not at allā€¦. Weā€™re building a new house with oversized garage.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
We even listed our EVSE on PlugShare and ChargeHub. If any BEV driver is so desperate they want to charge in our driveway, they are welcome to do so!
Thank you. Iā€™ll be right over. But, all kidding aside, our strategy is to mount the charger on the exterior wall of the garage and have a 100 amp shut off in the garage by the garage door.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I have a charger inside my single garage for my wife's Mach E and another charger for my Lightning is on the outside of her garage. I live in the country so I don't really need to park in my 2 car garage unless there is a call for hail. This was a much better option than trying to run 3 wire all the way from the outside wall in the single garage to the bigger 2 car garage.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
It's even worse for me. I don't have a garage.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I haven't been able to fit a vehicle into my garage for 12 years due to all the junk!

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
If the front or rear of truck is touching the front/ backwall and it is drywall, frame it out like a window (cripple studs, header, etc.).and cut out the drywall on the inside of the garage. Depending on whether you have 2x4 or 2x6, you'll easily get another few inches out of it, more than you need it.

You can also put Carriage Doors on the Garages, that will get you another 7-10 inches as they open and shut to the outside of the Garage opening.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning bigger than my garage! Screenshot_2022-05-23-23-28-18-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
With an outdoor enclosure on the outlet, I hope?

My garage is 245" deep. Not deep enough to walk around a Lightning (or Cybertruck) parked inside realistically.

So I'm planning on parking it on the driveway unless snow or hail is forecast. We have a 40A EVSE inside the garage for my wife's Pacifica Hybrid, and I'll put the 80A Ford EVSE on the outside of the garage. I'm not worried about other people using it--cost to me would be trivial.
exactly, if someone surreptitiously pulled into my driveway and fully charged a truck overnight without me knowing, with my solar setup, it would net me zero the next day. It would be on their conscience only.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Once our solar is not yet installed (it will be larger than we currently need, though it will be difficult to predict exactly what our usage will do with changing our bolt for xc40 EV and adding the lightning). We may also add mini split heat pumps in a year or two. Initially it will likely cost nothing extra to occasionally charge an extra EV. Is anyone is ever in the neighborhood it will be ok with me to plug in.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
If you must park inside the garage, buy a new house. Otherwise, install 14-50 outlet near garage door.

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachE. 23 LYRIQ on order its built
Don't feel to bad - I don't have a garage and can't build one on my property.

I just plan on mounting the charger on the front wall of my house. If someone is desperate enough to need to use the charger, than I am OK with them doing it.
Use a charger that you can time for. Set the times you are normal home or discounts that your electricity company may have

OP
OP

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Use a charger that you can time for. Set the times you are normal home or discounts that your electricity company may have
I set times once and then it didnā€™t charge at work one evening making me stop at my only fast charger lol. Now I just tell it to charge so I donā€™t have to think about it.
Sponsored